Japanese Ladies Late For SP Warm-up | Golden Skate

Japanese Ladies Late For SP Warm-up

lutzskate

On the Ice
Any insider news as to why Fumie and Miki were about a minute late for their two minute warm-up before their sp?

piano4112000

Rinkside
I think they wanted to make sure that Yuna was already out before they came out. Don't want the Korean media to start accusing them of trying to hurt her or make it difficult for her to practice:rofl:. I can't stand watching the Korean media when they talk about Yuna because it stinks of bias and accusation of other skaters trying to bring Yuna down. Even my mom thinks it has gone tooo far.

skatingbc

Final Flight
I think they wanted to make sure that Yuna was already out before they came out. Don't want the Korean media to start accusing them of trying to hurt her or make it difficult for her to practice:rofl:. I can't stand watching the Korean media when they talk about Yuna because it stinks of bias and accusation of other skaters trying to bring Yuna down. Even my mom thinks it has gone tooo far.

That can't be right because they weren't even on the same warm-up as Yu-Na!

viv

On the Ice
I think Miki was in time, just Fumie was not. I started to count how many skaters I see on the ice, just getting confused, and thought I saw five, and then Eurosport took a commercial break just the moment Fumie came to the rink. For a moment I was afraid it was an injury retirement. Eurosport commentators didn't say anything about it, so I'm not sure what was it about.

OrangeLaces

Spectator

Right, right. Those sneaky Korean media members really need to learn a lesson on respect from the ever fair and balaced Japanese media. Ofcourse, by fair and balanced I mean utterly subjective and tendentious.

I suppose it was just roses when the Japanese media went right after Yuna with their pathetic, shameless and baseless slandering. Anyone that saw the interview knows that Yuna never mentioned Japanese skaters nor Japan, it was SBS and Brian Orser that went after the Japanese skaters. Yuna had nothing to do with it. But what does the Japanese media do? They maliciously slander Yuna's reputation in the papers. Why Yuna? What's especially interesting was Japan's Hochi Daily who decided to make an entire headline that read "Japan-Bashing". An entire headline accusing Yuna of Japan bashing, seriously... what the heck. Talk about complete exaggeration. I can only imagine what the headline would've read had Yuna mentioned Japan in her interview - probably somewhere along the lines of "Yuna hates all Japanese people!"

It's really sad and pathetic when you see the literally hundreds of Anti-Yuna videos from Japanese anti-fans that has been inundating Youtube since this exaggerated report came out. Talk about just growing desperate. The Japanese media has done more harm to Yuna than the Korean media, so if you want to throw stones at anyone, you can direct them at Japan.

iced

Spectator
Neither Miki or Fumie were on time for the warm up. They both came walking out quite a bit after everyone else was on. I don't know what happened but Fumie had a very confused look on her face when she came quickly walking out towards the ice.

piano4112000

Rinkside
I'm neither a fan of Mao or Yuna, if you couldn't tell I was joking. Being Korean myself, I will tell you that the Korean media is just as nasty to the japanese skaters as the others are. Honestly speaking I do think that Yuna implies that they were the japanese skaters that get in her way and that is only my opinion. I'm sure you are a fan of hers and don't want to hear anything bad about her but you have to be prepared when others talk bad about her becuase it will happen. Don't be offended because you don't like what you hear.

OrangeLaces

Spectator
I'm neither a fan of Mao or Yuna, if you couldn't tell I was joking. Being Korean myself, I will tell you that the Korean media is just as nasty to the japanese skaters as the others are. Honestly speaking I do think that Yuna implies that they were the japanese skaters that get in her way and that is only my opinion. I'm sure you are a fan of hers and don't want to hear anything bad about her but you have to be prepared when others talk bad about her becuase it will happen. Don't be offended because you don't like what you hear.

I don't know what the heck you're responding to. I told you that the Japanese media are just as abusive and slandering, which was a response to your blatant one-sided attack. And being Korean myself, I don't really give much of 2 cents worth whether or not your Korean also, that doesn't make argument any stronger. And yes, I'm a Yuna fan, but I don't go around accusing other skaters with what I think they "implied". Don't ignore Japan's role in tarnishing Yuna's record, if you're going to criticize something, do it fairly. I completely can accept people talking bad about Yuna, however, wait until she actually does something bad, believe it or not, that is the normal thing to do.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
oh dear.. I thought we were talking about Miki and Fumie... not Yuna..

evangeline

Record Breaker
Um, nobody's saying anything bad about Yu-Na; piano4112000 was just stating his opinion, which he very clearly said was just an opinion (as opposed to an accusation).

Anyways, to go back to the topic, I read somewhere that Miki and Fumie didn't hear the announcement for the warmup or something.

irinas

Rinkside
From Ice Skating International : Online

She said, "I was a little more nervous than usual today." She confirmed Miki Ando’s story about a misunderstanding on the timing of their warm-up. "I don’t know. They just started. We were behind waiting, and I heard my name called and I thought, ‘Oh, this is just the presenting.’ But they had already started.’"

piano4112000

Rinkside
I don't know what the heck you're responding to. I told you that the Japanese media are just as abusive and slandering, which was a response to your blatant one-sided attack. And being Korean myself, I don't really give much of 2 cents worth whether or not your Korean also, that doesn't make argument any stronger. And yes, I'm a Yuna fan, but I don't go around accusing other skaters with what I think they "implied". Don't ignore Japan's role in tarnishing Yuna's record, if you're going to criticize something, do it fairly. I completely can accept people talking bad about Yuna, however, wait until she actually does something bad, believe it or not, that is the normal thing to do.

Wow, come down, I wasn't accusing anyone anything. I was stating an opinion but it seems you take offense to it, I'm sorry. If you saw my statement I put just as much fault on the other side. First you must agree that I have a right to think what I want to and in no way did I blame Yuna, I said I believe she implied, I said I believe she implied not that she came out and said it. I didn't say anything bad about her and yet you say I criticize her, where did I criticize her. Not on her looks, skating or anything.

Lets end it here because it looks like people can't let another person write their opinions without accusing them of slander.