Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Which US Dance Pair ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I like a lot of the US Dance teams, seeing dance live is so much easier than seeing it on TV (or computer screen) I don't know why but I understand it more lol
    That's what I keep hearing...there are a lot of different little details (such as edging and speed) that really don't come across as strong on screen as they do in person, right?

I so need to go to SA.

Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    And if Meryl is a weak skater, then so is Melissa Gregory (and I actually like G/P).
    Actually, something the three teams mentioned here have in common is that the men are generally considered to be much the stronger partner. I feel that Melissa improved immensely with Linichuk as coach, so it doesn't surprise me that Tanith is already showing visible improvement. I think Meryl can still learn from Igor, but if he does what he did with B/A and just masks weaknesses rather than addressing them, I would hope she and Charlie make a coaching change as well.

I wasn't even comparing G&P to either B&A or D&W. My fondness for them has nothing to do with how strong they may or may not be. Each of those ladies has her strengths and weaknesses, but I vastly prefer Melissa over Meryl.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeIce View Post
    I wasn't even comparing G&P to either B&A or D&W. My fondness for them has nothing to do with how strong they may or may not be. Each of those ladies has her strengths and weaknesses, but I vastly prefer Melissa over Meryl.
    Then I apologize for reading too much into what you were saying. And for the record, I'm excited to see what G/P can do if they actually do end up coming back in hopes of qualifying for the Olympics.

I'm going to feel so bad for whoever doesn't make it on the team, because we really do have such a deep field now.

Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    That's what I keep hearing...there are a lot of different little details (such as edging and speed) that really don't come across as strong on screen as they do in person, right?

I so need to go to SA.
    that and for me I like to know their personality outside of the dances as well... you see that in warm ups and practices... and the kiss and cry... and when they get done with their skate and they come steal seats by the ice so they can finish watching and cheering it's always fun to chat with the skaters, their friends, and their families... you get to know the skaters just a little bit and it makes it that much easier to cheer for them

and also hard because you don't have just ONE or TWO favorites out there US nationals is always so hard for me because of that!

Rinkside
    I really a big fan of B/A, maybe a lot of people think tanith is a weak skater compared to other female. But actually she is the most attractive one and B/A has created really sence of enjoyment in most of their OD, and I strongly feel that tanith has dramatic changes in her extension and posture. I think Merly has really bad shape when she skate just as tanith before. However, this year when I looked at tanith's performance I found it is a new tanith look at her movement really beautiful!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by wushuang122 View Post
    But actually she is the most attractive one and B/A has created really sence of enjoyment in most of their OD
    :unsure

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4