1976 Olympics - John Curry
1986 US Nationals - Debi Thomas
1996 US Nationals - Rudy
1998 US Nationals - Michelle
Anything Gordeeva/Grinkov.
Anything Torville/Dean

eleonora.d

On the Ice
*Stephane's EX (Un Giorno Per Noi still makes me cry)
Wow, it made me cry a lot too, especially for the meaning of the lyrics. Do you know them? And it makes me cry even more now that Steph has retired :cry:

If you could time travel, which figure skating moments would you go back to?

Oh my, too many of them!!

I'd just love to see Tatiana Tarasova pair skating ... what was it? 65? 66?
I wonder if she skated with a big fur coat ... :p
:rofl:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd just love to see Tatiana Tarasova pair skating ... what was it? 65? 66?
I wonder if she skated with a big fur coat ... :p
That's too funny!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :clap:

I have a clip of her skating in the last 5-10 years. I think, not certain, that she quit skating when she started coaching Alexei.

megsk8z

On the Ice
I can't decide whether to laugh or cry. Evidently I don't need a time machine because I was already there.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would go back in time to Detroit 1994 and smack Tonya Harding around screaming: girl! stop them! its not worth it! you can beat that head case! just skate for the title you damn fool!

I would go back in time to see Michelle Kwan skate Red Violin at Worlds live (maybe my favorite program of hers...)

I would also like to go back in time to see Surya refuse her silver medal live - she was robbed. period. she acted like a spoiled brat about it - but robbed she was.
KW, sounds like a fun time, can I go with you??? I'll bring the bat. :laugh: :laugh:
NatachaHatawa said:
All of Alexei Yagudin's performances!
Don't know if my heart could take it all.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Now i ve seen it in youtube, i wish i had seen olympics 1988 women, men and pair competition even on tv!:)

dannyascii

On the Ice
Michelle Kwan 2003 Worlds, Aranjuez
Everything clicked in that performance. There just seemed to be so much electricity in the air
2:32 of this montage shows the end of that performance. The way she rose from that crouched position and the entire audience stood up with her...magical. It would have been awesome to be there

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My own figure skating days - when I first stepped on the ice. It was the most wonderful years of my life. I would love a time machine to just relive one of those happy days. I always felt "free" on the ice. It's a great feeling.....

:love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Michelle Kwan 2003 Worlds, Aranjuez
Everything clicked in that performance. There just seemed to be so much electricity in the air
2:32 of this montage shows the end of that performance. The way she rose from that crouched position and the entire audience stood up with her...magical. It would have been awesome to be there

It was magical. And if you were at that Worlds, recall that it was also the Worlds with Shen & Zhao's absolutely phenomenal Turandot routine.

Plus Elena Sokolova had her best ever performance to finish 2nd in ladies.

In men's, Tim Goebel had his best ever world's performance. Plush won, but not with his best performance. Ryan Bradley skated his best ever program, Cinderellla, in the qualifying round, AFAIR.

Dance wasn't that wonderful. B&K won, L&A second, but the highlight of the event for me was without doubt Denkova & Staviyski's Baroque Ball OD. Honorable mention to B&A's Elvis routine (7th place) and Lang and Tchernyshev's 8th place Still Loving You by The Scorpions and Navka and Kostomarov who were very underscored.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
If I had a time travelling machine, I would sell it and make millions or billions of dollars! Then I would have my own big ice rink and invite skaters to perform just for me!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
If I had a time travelling machine, I would sell it and make millions or billions of dollars! Then I would have my own big ice rink and invite skaters to perform just for me!

That's a great idea!! You could also host a skating party and invite us old school figure skaters to skate.

;)