Exhibition | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Exhibition

Norpido

Match Penalty
I wish I looked as good in my jeans as Tessa does!

I also wish that Mao and Brian would skate to music similar to their exhibitions next year! I liked the softer side of Brian more than Techno-Pelvic-Thrstnig Brian and I loved how much joy and energy Mao skated her exhibition with!

Tessa looked hot in jeans!

Yea I also thought Mao could do better with that. But I also liked her LP music.

figuristka

Medalist
Evan was quite good but just don't like that costume. He looks happy.
Good all the skaters are coming out again.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
The ending was pretty funny...it looked like once that pair did a skill instead of a bow (can't remember their names; sorry), then everyone else tried to one up each other. :laugh:

Medusa

Record Breaker
The ending was pretty funny...it looked like once that pair did a skill instead of a bow (can't remember their names; sorry), then everyone else tried to one up each other. :laugh:
Name is Kavaguti / Smirnov, and I think that only the medalists were to do skills - since they were pairs-bronze they were the first medalists to get out.

figuristka

Medalist
Well thats it for Worlds better sleep now.

Never enjoy all the performances in Gala's as much as competition but there were certainly some worth watching. Enjoyed Miki , Mao ,and Brian alot tonight as well as Patrick and a few others.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Oh, I'm so jealous...I missed the exhibitions feed. BTW, why aren't they being televised here in the US? It really annoys me to no end.

For future reference, does Eurosport stream to the US and if so, how do you know where to find the skating there? Same with Turkish, Chinese, French TV? How do you determine the exact streaming site? Thanks for the info!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
what'd Evan skate to? some of his exhibitions have left me meh.

I don't know the music but it was techno hip hop. He had on a black t-shirt with black pants with stripes down the side of each leg and white gloves. It is not one of my favorites. .

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Brian was beautiful, but he had such a melancholic expression on his face. I hope it was just for the mood of his programme.

I love Brian's exhibition. It is one of my favorites. I have seen him skate this program before and he has the same melancholic expression it is just part of the program's mood.

MissCleo

On the Ice
I don't know the music but it was techno hip hop. He had on a black t-shirt with black pants with stripes down the side of each leg and white gloves. It is not one of my favorites. .

I wasnt able to watch but I beleive he was doing Stronger by Kanye West as his exhibition earlier int he season.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
S/S won't skate because she is ill and has a temperature.

So sad. They win and skate great and then she gets too sick to celebrate :(

Brian was beautiful, but he had such a melancholic expression on his face. I hope it was just for the mood of his programme.

It is amazing to me how diffrent some skaters are in exhibition compared with competition. Brian, Alissa, Caroline all shine when the pressure is off. You are left wondering "they can do that?"

I just have to ask, how tall is Maxim? He looks like a giant lol.

And he's much better looking with the haircut and without the scruffy beard he had last season.

He is not that tall, i saw him in street shoes and he did not strike me as very tall. She is pretty tall though, for an skater.

as for the beard...who knew he was that hot?

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I need to correct something I posted earlier. The white costume I was thinking of that Brian has previously worn for "Hallelujah" was from SSG 2008. I just could not remember at what event he had worn it.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I need to correct something I posted earlier. The white costume I was thinking of that Brian has previously worn for "Hallelujah" was from SSG 2008. I just could not remember at what event he had worn it.
Also at Cup of Russia this season, I think. Looked fantastic...

lmarie086

Medalist
Found Verner's and Belbin/Agosto's.

You guys weren't kidding about Verner! He was hot lol! I'm officially a fan, he's such a fun guy.

I didn't get to see all of B/A before but now that I have...too dramatic. Actually it made me laugh really hard.
Their "Falling Slowly" number definitely suites them better.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I went to sleep after Brian had skated - figured since I wasn't much of a fan of any of the silver medalists there was no point in being tired all day today.

I thought P/B were cute and sexy, and Verner was wonderful, what a performer! Really enjoyed Mao's even though it was a tango. I tried very hard to like D/W because I felt I hadn't given them a fair chance, but no, I still feel those two haven't learned to skate fast and still skate to the music.

Brian Joubert - when he first came on to the ice in the introduction he was wearing his Sandstorm outift. I'm so glad he did Hallelujah instead. And I think I know why he did it, too: all week he'd been accused of being a one-note guy who couldn't do more than pelvic thrusts and whose interpetation of any music except techno sucked. But this was beautiful, and a really emotional skate from him - even if it wasn't that technically challenging. Not all gala programs have to be CoP friendly. Well done, Brian. :clap:

Is synchro the new thing to have in galas? There were at least two endless synchro performances yesterday and a really long one at Euros, too. I was bored. A bit of synchro is fine, but this was excessive.

alopatra

Rinkside
Is synchro the new thing to have in galas? There were at least two endless synchro performances yesterday and a really long one at Euros, too. I was bored. A bit of synchro is fine, but this was excessive.

I guess it's rather because the countries that were hosting the big events recently (Sweeden, Finland, US) all have strong synchro teams and synchronized skating is generaly very popular in these countries (definitely in Finland and Sweeden but I think in US too because of Haydenettes and Miami University).

I loved the synchro number in Goeteborg, especially the opening but didn't like the one in Helsinky because of the strange music. But generally, I welcome synchro at galas and wouldn't object to establishing it as a new tradition provided that the country has a good team to offer.