Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhibition

Quote Originally Posted by LaLola View Post
    Brian was beautiful, but he had such a melancholic expression on his face. I hope it was just for the mood of his programme.
    I love Brian's exhibition. It is one of my favorites. I have seen him skate this program before and he has the same melancholic expression it is just part of the program's mood.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I don't know the music but it was techno hip hop. He had on a black t-shirt with black pants with stripes down the side of each leg and white gloves. It is not one of my favorites. .
    I wasnt able to watch but I beleive he was doing Stronger by Kanye West as his exhibition earlier int he season.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    S/S won't skate because she is ill and has a temperature.
    So sad. They win and skate great and then she gets too sick to celebrate :(

Brian was beautiful, but he had such a melancholic expression on his face. I hope it was just for the mood of his programme.
    It is amazing to me how diffrent some skaters are in exhibition compared with competition. Brian, Alissa, Caroline all shine when the pressure is off. You are left wondering "they can do that?"

I just have to ask, how tall is Maxim? He looks like a giant lol.

And he's much better looking with the haircut and without the scruffy beard he had last season.
    He is not that tall, i saw him in street shoes and he did not strike me as very tall. She is pretty tall though, for an skater.

as for the beard...who knew he was that hot?
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 03-29-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Custom Title
    I need to correct something I posted earlier. The white costume I was thinking of that Brian has previously worn for "Hallelujah" was from SSG 2008. I just could not remember at what event he had worn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    I need to correct something I posted earlier. The white costume I was thinking of that Brian has previously worn for "Hallelujah" was from SSG 2008. I just could not remember at what event he had worn it.
    Also at Cup of Russia this season, I think. Looked fantastic...

Found Verner's and Belbin/Agosto's.

You guys weren't kidding about Verner! He was hot lol! I'm officially a fan, he's such a fun guy.

I didn't get to see all of B/A before but now that I have...too dramatic. Actually it made me laugh really hard.
    Their "Falling Slowly" number definitely suites them better.
    Last edited by lmarie086; 03-31-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    The white costume I was thinking of that Brian has previously worn for "Hallelujah" was from SSG 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Looked fantastic...
    Not to mention, accentuated his charisma:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...a/99c8c2da.jpg

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Raatkirani View Post
    BTW, why aren't they being televised here in the US? It really annoys me to no end.
    Here's why.

I went to sleep after Brian had skated - figured since I wasn't much of a fan of any of the silver medalists there was no point in being tired all day today.

I thought P/B were cute and sexy, and Verner was wonderful, what a performer! Really enjoyed Mao's even though it was a tango. I tried very hard to like D/W because I felt I hadn't given them a fair chance, but no, I still feel those two haven't learned to skate fast and still skate to the music.

Brian Joubert - when he first came on to the ice in the introduction he was wearing his Sandstorm outift. I'm so glad he did Hallelujah instead. And I think I know why he did it, too: all week he'd been accused of being a one-note guy who couldn't do more than pelvic thrusts and whose interpetation of any music except techno sucked. But this was beautiful, and a really emotional skate from him - even if it wasn't that technically challenging. Not all gala programs have to be CoP friendly. Well done, Brian.

Is synchro the new thing to have in galas? There were at least two endless synchro performances yesterday and a really long one at Euros, too. I was bored. A bit of synchro is fine, but this was excessive.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Is synchro the new thing to have in galas? There were at least two endless synchro performances yesterday and a really long one at Euros, too. I was bored. A bit of synchro is fine, but this was excessive.
    I guess it's rather because the countries that were hosting the big events recently (Sweeden, Finland, US) all have strong synchro teams and synchronized skating is generaly very popular in these countries (definitely in Finland and Sweeden but I think in US too because of Haydenettes and Miami University).

I loved the synchro number in Goeteborg, especially the opening but didn't like the one in Helsinky because of the strange music. But generally, I welcome synchro at galas and wouldn't object to establishing it as a new tradition provided that the country has a good team to offer.

Custom Title
    I won't watch it, if you say that the skaters didn't interact with audience. That's not my concept of a Gala.

Oh, I miss the Galas of 10 years ago with Yagudin, Plush, Slutskaya, Kwan, Candeloro, Weiss, Stojko, Tobel, Gusmeroli, Anissina/Peizerat, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, Sale/Pelletier, FusarPoli/Margaglio, Bourne/Kratz, Ruh ...
    Those exhibitions were REAL exhibitions. And we were all waiting to watch it.

I understand why TV channels don't want to broadcast exhibitions anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    I won't watch it, if you say that the skaters didn't interact with audience. That's not my concept of a Gala.

Oh, I miss the Galas of 10 years ago with Yagudin, Plush, Slutskaya, Kwan, Candeloro, Weiss, Stojko, Tobel, Gusmeroli, Anissina/Peizerat, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, Sale/Pelletier, FusarPoli/Margaglio, Bourne/Kratz, Ruh ...
    Those exhibitions were REAL exhibitions. And we were all waiting to watch it.

I understand why TV channels don't want to broadcast exhibitions anymore.
    I miss these days too. Weren't they just wonderful? Glad i have a few favourites now to cheer on though, but now i am 30 something i feel so old as now no skaters are as old as me anymore lol. Glad i could watch these skaters will always have fond memories.
    I still think it would be nice for them broadcast Gala's from big events they are much better than these small professional shows where you get a singer or group singing and the skaters are skating to it. SOI was always good though. I remember usually after skaters interacted with the audience could they have when the broadcast ended?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    They win and skate great and then she gets too sick to celebrate :(...
    Well, it often happens that you can surpress a flu or something as long as the stress is on, and as soon as the stress is over you get sick. I don't think they made anything up, why should they?

Custom Title
    The performances I enjoyed most were Mao (yes, she definitely should do a Tango program next year), Tomas (I loved all of his programs this year), Miki and D&S.

Mikis exhibition dress was the best of the whole week, IMO.

Custom Title
    Can anybody post the link at Domnina and Shabalin exh. number? I've been watching Exhibition online last night but then had some problems with my computer and had to restart it So I just missed their performance

Just watched it! Wow! It was something different from them! And I've never seen before some of the elements
    Last edited by Lucky Star; 03-30-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast