Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Carolina's interview was NOT fake!!!

I would like to add one more note.

The coolest thing about Gio's original thread was that it sparked an interesting discussion about cultural norms in different parts of the world. Medusa, in particular, made a nice post.

Golden Skate aspires to be a truly international figure skating board. Of course we cherish all our U.S. and Canadian members. We have a good representation from Asia, especially Japan, and also some South American and Australian contributors, which is very cool because figure skating is not a big sport in many countries south of the equator.

But the fact is, we really, really, really would like to attract more European posters. Tell your friends! Post often, post long!
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-31-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks Mathman. I like the atmosphere in this board because there are so many different point of views. I also have the chance to exercise the language and, mabye, let someone else know more about my country and figure skating in my country.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    So can the clip be seen? I couldn't find the original thread, is it going to be released? It sounds very interesting
    Thanks Gio, Eleonora and Mathman for clearing everything up!
    I agree, it's great that GS is such an international forum. I learned many things about skating, other countries and enlarged my vocabulary
    Thank you GS!

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    So can the clip be seen?
    For the moment, you can PM Gio for the url.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Please talk about more than that. I've always enjoyed your posts.
    Thanks Andalusia and museksk8r!

Me and Mathman clarified and I'm happy the misunderstanding was solved.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    I am glad I got to see it before it was hidden. Now that I know the contextualized background, I can understand how that would be hilarious to watch when originally aired. Thanks to all who cleared this up!

Watching Carolina fly across the ice is a wonder! Now I just wish she could learn to control that speed into her jumps! She's a national treasure for Italy and figure skating around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The coolest thing about Gio's original thread was that it sparked an interesting discussion about cultural norms in different parts of the world.
    So my nude photos of Dick Button are a go?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    So my nude photos of Dick Button are a go?
    NO-ONE and i mean NO-ONE would want to see that *shudders*

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    ...And IME European and NAmerican norms about talking about sexual relationships are very different (with NAmericans being much more reserved and/or puritanical). This would mean that many NAmericans would think very negatively of her for saying such things in public (making it slander even though no one can deny she said them).
    Mafke, I think you are right here - I thought this very often before, in regards of figure skating discussions and otherwise.
    As for the interview, I read it and I thought it was really funny. For me it's quite obvious that it is all about giving witty answers playing with the ambiguity of the questions, not about revealing THE TRUTH. The satirical overtone was quite obvious to me, but, then, I am a (Continental-)European myself.

And, gio - please keep on posting. I very often enjoy your posts a lot.

Custom Title
    I somehow got confused with where I posted my previous reply - so, sorry if I made a mistake.

Down With It
    The same interview was posted later on FSU, and it was stated there that it was a satirical interview. Hence it's not necessarily fake per se, but it was done for humor.

I didn't see anywhere in the original thread that it was a satirical article, and I suppose the content of it didn't help in it being taken down so quickly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    The same interview was posted later on FSU, and it was stated there that it was a satirical interview. Hence it's not necessarily fake per se, but it was done for humor.
    Eleonora.d has already explained it all.
    The program "Le Iene" is a satyrical program that makes mean interviews every week to two VIPs (sportsmen, actors, singers, dancers, politicians ...). That program is very famous and it is broadcasted by a channel of Berlusconi (our premier).
    The VIPs probably sign a contract to accept the questions, because nobody sued them for the interview (the program was sued for other reasons though). Maybe they even get paid.
    The questions are mean and embarassing and the VIP answers in a satyrical or funny way. So the interview is not fake, but satyrical.
    I don't like the program and so I was surprised that Carolina accepted it.
    Barbara and Maurizio did a similiar interview two years ago after the famous fall and killer stare, but was far more enjoyable IMO.

I've made a mistake to not contestualize it.

either way it's not really family friendly, which is what was also something that was considered... remember we allow fans of all ages on here and want to keep it friendly for all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3