Carolina's interview was NOT fake!!! | Golden Skate

Carolina's interview was NOT fake!!!

gio

Medalist
Carolina's interview was NOT FAKE! I'm sorry mods, but I'm really disappointed!

I never have and never would post something fake here! If you said the interview was innapropriate, then ok deleting.
But you have deleted it, because you didn't trust me and you think I like to make silly jokes? I've never joked here and never will.

You can ask Hiara, eleonora.d, or any Italian user or even go to the icewire forum and ask them. That infamous program makes that kind of questions.

Carolina did that interview and she has to take the responsabilities!!! We cannot hide behind a finger.

Last edited:

jiggs

On the Ice
don't you think you are being a little overdramatic? if she did the interview - so what? appearantly it's a pretty famous show in italy, lots of celebrities have done those interviews, so please tell me what she should take responsibility for??
Some people seem to really enjoy making everything she does look bad.

gio

Medalist
I'm disappointed that the mods said I'm posting fake news without even sending me a private message. That is disappointing!

If they would have said the message was innapropriate, then I'll say sorry and accept the deleted message. But I cannot accept they say I'm posting fake news.

Anyway if something doesn't change, I'll leave the forum for good, so there will be no problem. And don't worry, I'll not post under another name. I'm not that kind of person.

I'm sorry, because I was feeling very good here with all of you.:frown: :cry:

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Ah gio, come on, aren't you overreacting a bit? :)

I for one loved your
she has to take the responsabilities!!!
remark.

It's very-very funny, it practically made my day :clap:

gio

Medalist
Ah gio, come on, aren't you overreacting a bit? :)

I for one loved your

remark.

It's very-very funny, it practically made my day :clap:

I said she has to take her responsabilities, because the mod said that "GS does not allow slandering skaters, even in jest".

Maybe I'm overeacting and tommorrow I'll forget, but today I'm very sad. Not for the fact the thread was deleted, but for the fact they said I'm posting fake news and slandering skaters. That hurt me.

I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous or overdramatic.

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
today I'm very sad. Not for the fact the thread was deleted, but for the fact they said I'm posting fake news. That hurt me.
Your reputation of a good reliable poster is at stake here. I understand. But it's night in Michigan right now.

Mafke

Medalist
Relax, nobody is accusing you of lying. Technically, by saying the post is 'slander' they're not challenging it's truthfulness.

From a legal standpoint slander is just saying something about someone that's liable to put them in a negative light or make others think about them negatively. If it's true that means it's legally protected (the slanderer can't be convicted) but it's still slander.

In everyday usage people think that calling something slander means it's a lie but that's not true.

And IME European and NAmerican norms about talking about sexual relationships are very different (with NAmericans being much more reserved and/or puritanical). This would mean that many NAmericans would think very negatively of her for saying such things in public (making it slander even though no one can deny she said them).

ks777

Record Breaker
I believe you too! That was the funniest interview ever!! I wonder if you got warmings from the Mods. I get them all the time and I am pretty close to getting banned from this board.:p

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
slander

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

I am very sorry gio. I know it was real interview. And I know you are only upset because you felt you were accused of lies, which you did not. Is there anyway you can talk to moderators personally and discuss about the whole situation? All of you need to communicate.I amsure thereis a good colution for all of you.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
Or maybe this interview was fabricated by someone in order to make it funny because nowadays technology can make it everything looks real. Suppose the interview was made fake, It is not your fault,gio.You did no know. So you can not be blamed for the someone else's mistake. I am not sure what the truth is..........

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Hi everyone. I am an active poster here and I always respect the rules.
As an italian citizen and carolina's fan, am I allowed to say that the interview was not fake? :) I don't know how to autentify that, but if you like, you can also find here in the link a copy of the transcription of that interview of our national sports newspaper "La gazzetta dello sport" ( I guess anyone who was in Turin actually recognises the logo)

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=gynzh22emzh&thumb=4
http://www.gazzetta.it/

The interview was broadcasted on Friday 27.03 at 22.30 PM more or less on the private channel "ITALIA 1" (Mediaset group owned by Berlusconi)

Actually I wanted to post this before but didn't have time.
I do not completely agree on posting the translation of that because, in order to make it comprehensible to non-italian people, it is necessary to explain what kind of Tv Program "Le iene" is.

LE IENE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Iene
Le Iene (The Hyenas) is a television program broadcast on the Italian channel Italia 1 since 1996. It is a comedy/satirical show, with sketches and reports, based on an adaptation of the Argentine show Caiga Quien Caiga.

Characteristic moments of the show, besides the journalistic inquiries, are the double interviews, in which two famous personages puttinges to comparison come answering to the same questions.

"Le Iene" was also the release name in Italy for the film Reservoir Dogs, and all the presenters on the show wear (like the protagonists of that movie) trademark black suits, white shirts and black ties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caiga_Quien_Caiga
This link is also helpful

The reason why they are called the Hyenas is because they are supposed to be unpleaseant, do make non - politically correct questions, they are supposed to me deliberately mean.
The double interview from "le Iene" is very popular in Italy ; each time they ask some very unpleasent questions and VIPs are supposed to give ironic, not necessarly honest answers. As Wikipedia says,reporters are known for asking politically incorrect questions to celebrities, which in some cases leads to visible discomfort in the interviewees.

This is a satyrical program.
I am helping you , gio, in showing the others that it was not a fake but from my point of view, it is incorrect to post this interview without contestualize it.
It was supposed to be fun and from my point of view, it was. Like "oh my god, what are you asking them"- and they have to invent some answer or they do some mean tricks or jokes..I think it's fun.

And IME European and NAmerican norms about talking about sexual relationships are very different (with NAmericans being much more reserved and/or puritanical). This would mean that many NAmericans would think very negatively of her for saying such things in public (making it slander even though no one can deny she said them).

I agree 50% with you.

I don't agree with Gio because he posted it like it was a serious interview, but many VIPs did that double interview in Italy and no one blamed them because we all know it is supposed to be a joke, it is not like a serious declaration.

Last edited:

gio

Medalist
Thanks eleonora.d!! :clap::clap:

I was shocked that Carolina accepted to do the "Le Iene" interview, because she is usually very shy.
As I've said also Barbara and Maurizio did it.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
(Mediaset group owned by Berlusconi)
See? And Berlusconi means quality!

gio, I'm in Europe, not in Michigan, but one of the mods is! I'm sure he soon will wake up, come to the forum and see what kind of injustice you have suffered due to his mistrust!

eleonora.d

On the Ice
See? And Berlusconi means quality!

You made my day too :chorus: ----end of dangerous off topic.

Anyway, let's get over this. Skaters are human and make jokes too. Especially Alex Schwazer.. I really hope she can learn from his way of taking things less serious and being focused to what's really important instead..I admire him because of his olympic gold in Bejing..:bow: wow..

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I saw that the original thread was taken down. I think what Mathman was saying is that Carolina did an interview, and gave her answers. Then somebody edited the video and changed the questions that were asked.

It seems like it would be very easy to do.

Interviewer ....... How many double axels do you perform in a practice session?
Skater .............. About 6 or 7.

Now the video is edited.

Interviewer ....... How many times have you had sex in a public place?
Skater .............. About 6 or 7. :biggrin:

jiggs

On the Ice
Interviewer ....... How many double axels do you perform in a practice session?
Skater .............. About 6 or 7.

Now the video is edited.

Interviewer ....... How many times have you had sex in a public place?
Skater .............. About 6 or 7. :biggrin:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tilak

On the Ice
I could see this being a comedy/satirical type show that eleonora described. That explains Carolina & boyfriend's laughing all the way through it. Humor can be certainly vary with different countries and cultures.