Brian Joubert - coaching change | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert - coaching change

bekalc

Record Breaker
Changing your coach right before the Olympics must be so scary. Joubert won't even have time to see how things ''work out'' with Depouilly.

They've worked together before so both sides know what they are getting into.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Oh no, not again! He is changing the coach just before the Olympic season. I can't get what the guy is thinking about. Five coaches in five-and-half years! What happens to the systematic preparation for this major competition, then?
I counted four, one of them twice. After he and Guyon split in 2003, it was Depouilly, Guyon again, Russian guy, JCS, and now back to Depouilly. And Guyon 2 was so brief I'm not sure I'd count it. Oh, and he's probably thinking something along the lines of "I'm better off with a new (old) coach than with a coach I can't get along with anymore".

encore

Spectator
Joubert has kept the same coach for 3 years. It seems like things went bad, and if the situation is not workable it's not workable. He seems to be staying in the same enviroment, and is going to a coach he's worked for before. I think his situation will stabilize quickly.

Well, Simond has had an incredibly bad luck as a coach. Just imagine, all his strategies told to be a source of evil by such a skating authority as Tarasova right in the spotlight! :eek:hwell::scratch: It probably means that the situation isn't workable anymore.

I'm worried about something else, though. There are athlets who have a training plan for the whole four-year period because they want their results in Olympics to be something of the next level. Juobert obviously is not the case yet I remember Kurt Browning had some plans for him in Vancuover... it seems like they are not working together, too. This I think is much greater loss!

Last edited: