Patrick Chan's grandfather dies | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan's grandfather dies

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I thought of that coincidence too.

My condolences to Patrick and his family.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's no secret that I'm not overly fond of Patrick Chan, but what a sad thing to deal with at a time that should have been wonderful for him and his family. A few years ago, when I was about his age, I lost my grandmother right before a big event in my life, and it was heartbreaking.

I am sure Patrick's grandfather was very proud of all his accomplishments, on and off the ice.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
That is so sad. I wonder if he had won if that would have helped.
I feel so bad for Patrick and his family.

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi
Yes it is a very sad thing for Patrick. Buttercup I know Patrick is not one of your favorites nor many others at this moment in time.

I am very pleased to see you and others rise above that and post your regret at his grandfather's passing.

That is a sign of a true skating fan and a caring and respectful person. I as a Canadian thank you all for your messages of condolence.
jfdw

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, how sad for Patrick! I can only think that he would have loved to share more time with his grandfather together with his family now that Worlds is over and it breaks my heart that he didn't have the time with his very busy schedule to do that. Just when his schedule may have allowed him a rest to enjoy his off ice life, something like this unfortunately happens. My condolences to Patrick and his family. (((((((Many hugs and positive thoughts your way))))))).

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
My sincere condolences to Patrick. I know what it is to lose a family member that you love very much when you are still a teenager. I think that perhaps, his grandfather fought to stay alive until after Worlds, and that it gave him great happiness to know that Patrick won the silver medal at only eighteen years old.

Dipyramidal

On the Ice
Although, I like ot pick on him a lot, I feel sorry for him. My condolences are with Patrick and his family.

hongligl

Final Flight