Cambpell's Reports | Golden Skate

Cambpell's Reports

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golden Skate was credentialed for this event, however, due to jury duty, I couldn't attend. Joe went in my place and will be calling me with reports :)

There will be a full-rounded article in a couple of days as well. Stay tuned!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL. That was yesterday. I sat all day in a waiting room for them to tell me and a handful of others we wouldn't be 'needed' - that our obligation is filled now for the next three years. Go figure.

windspirit

On the Ice
I hope it's OK to use info from other boards. Courtesy of MKF: Tim supposedly had a great skate and... landed two quads.

windspirit

On the Ice
They wrote that Plush was awesome. Got better marks than Tim, too (few 5.8s, but mostly 5.9s for presentation). And all 5.8s for technical merit. :D :D :D :D :D Btw, he didn't use his new program.

Edited to add: MEN, final standings--

1. Plush
2. Tim
3. Michael
Takeshi, Ryan Janke, and Scott Smith -- all tied for 4th? :eek:

Last edited:

windspirit

On the Ice
Wait... we have a first conspiracy theory forming... (vide the thread). Those eville Russians! (we definitely need an emoticon for that :p ).

Boy, do I feel naughty today! :D

Btw, I thought that I have nothing to worry anymore, but then I remembered that Sasha... (Sasha, Sasha, Sasha! :laugh: It's almost like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" from the Brady Bunch) is skating tonight. Whoever wins, I'm hoping that she'll have a really great skate.

And now they're saying that Tim didn't have any quads... Hmm.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men's

Ok, bear with me. Lots of noise and little time. Will get more details and edit any inaccuracies later:

In order of placement:

1 - Plushenko: attempted 4T/3T (2 footed landing on 4T and missed 3T) then a made a combination of a 4T/3T to make up for it; 3A, 3Lz, 3Lz/2T (stepped out on lz), 3F, 3T, 3S
Music: St. Petersburg

2 - Goebel: No quads. Attempted 3A/2T/3Lo (stepped out on Lo); 3S/3T, 3T, 3A, 3S from hydroblade, 2A, 3Lz, spread eagle into 3Fl
Music: Queen

3 - Weiss: 4T (fell), 3T, 3A/3T (3T wasn't solid), 3Lo, walley into 3A, 3S, 3Lz, Shoot-the-duck into 3F
Music: When Johnnie comes Marching Home Medley

Supposed tie for 4th on men below:

Honda : attempted 4T/3T (missed the 4T so didn't do 3T); tripled a 4S, 3A/3T (problem landing 3T), 4T (fell), 3Lz, 3Lo (problem), 3F
Music: Warsaw Concerto

Jahnke: 3A/3T (fell on 3A didn't do 3T), 4T, 3Lz/2Lo (turnout on lz); 3A, great tano 3lLz, 3F (turnout), 3S, 2A/3Lo (missed the loop)
Music: Brazilian Dances

Smith: 3A/3T; 3T, 4S (fell), 3Lz (fallout), 3Lo (shaky), 3A (2-footed landing), 3F, 3S (turnout)
Music: Concerto Saxaphone

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
How exciting! I can't wait to see it televised. Well, I had the top three, just reversed places 1 & 2 (I said Tim, Plush, Mike). Since Irina is out, my predictions for the ladies cannot be accurate! :D :love:

windspirit

On the Ice
I've read that Michelle, Sasha and AP all did five triples. Michelle made a few mistakes. I don't know anything about Sasha yet.

Edited to add: Sasha has won! Wow. I'm happy! :) :)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies

Joe will post details in just a bit, but here are final placements:

SC
MK
APM
JK
FS
ES

Nadine

Record Breaker
YES, what a way to start the new season! :love:

Have been following several skating message boards all evening long and am absolutely overjoyed to discover that Sasha won...........looooove when an underdog (ANY underdog btw) can crack the numero uno position..........just like one of my all-time favorites, Sarah Hughes, did at the 2002 Olympics. ;)

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Let the skating season begin ~ bring on Carolina Kostner, et al at Skate America! :)^D

"What do you say to the critics who have stated that you are nothing more than an oversized Barbie Doll? Well, I guess when you state something like that it's a shortcut to thinking." - Jim Morrison

:) CONGRATULATIONS, SASHA COHEN! :)

dewet

Final Flight
Re: Ladies

gsk8 said:
Joe will post details in just a bit, but here are final placements:

SC
MK
APM
JK
FS
ES
I am shocked!:eek: Although I'm not a fan of Sasha, but good job!This is the first time Sasha has beat Michelle. Anyone know the marks?

Lucy25

Final Flight
Congrats to Sasha. It sounds like she is ready for the season, which she should be since she has her first real competition in a few weeks. It also sounds like Michelle skated better this year than she did at Campbells last year, so that's good, too. What the heck happened to Elena??