Evan and Tanith | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evan and Tanith

Mafke

Medalist
No offense (and it might be unfair) but Lysacek has always reminded me of the joke about the man who fell in love with himself .... and it was mutual.

luvsasha

Final Flight
yeah, Ben has been together with his girlfriend for a few years now:love:

As for Tanith and Evan, they are both very busy, too much so for a real dating life anyway, so having sombody to talk on the phone to when you are tried and be with on tour is I am sure all they could handle. I agree that the breakup probably has more to do with the olympic season than anything else. If Tanith has other incentives to move to LA after 2010, they could get back together then.

Long distance can work. My cousin and and his girlfriend went to college 2,000 miles apart but they stayed together for 3 years and got married afterward! :love:

I agree. My sister and her fiancee have dated for around 4ish years, and part of that was spent with him in Oxford and at college in a completely different state.

Sorry to hear that Tanith and Evan broke up though...

Wrlmy

Medalist
Isn't that really rare though? I've seen so many people come to college with intention to go on long distance relationship, but as soon as they set their foot on the campus, it's "bye-bye ex-boy(girl)friend!".

luvsasha

Final Flight
yes, it is very rare, which is why it is so special when it lasts. I was just agreeing with the poster that sometimes long distance relationships can work.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I'm sure that long distance can work. But Tanith/Evan seemed like an indefinete long distance relationship.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
In Tanith's and Evan's relationship it seemed possible there was an element of the old movie-studio "publicity dates" that used to be arranged for stars. Just a possibility, but it seemed kind of staged. But it's hard to appear natural in the spotlight, of course. And as has been pointed out, it was much easier to be an item when they were touring together than when practically a country apart.

Mafke

Medalist
In Tanith's and Evan's relationship it seemed possible there was an element of the old movie-studio "publicity dates" that used to be arranged for stars. Just a possibility, but it seemed kind of staged.

Ya think? I assume you think the Titanic "kind of sank".

herios

Medalist
I'm not surprised they broke up...It's way to difficult to have a long distance relationship... They are both attractive people too and eventually it's why are we doing this?

Maybe if they ever end up living in the same town/area they will start things up again.

You are really iving in a fairy tale world, don't you? :)

bekalc

Record Breaker
You are really iving in a fairy tale world, don't you? :)

No. I know people's suspicians...It's possible.... But I also have a hard time imaging Tanith agreeing to a fake relationship for years. Whether their relationship was real or not really, doesn't mean the suspicians can't be correct too.

But well I thought we weren't suppose to talk about things like that, here.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't know why this is such a big deal. There are two outcomes once a couple gets together: they break up, or worse, they get married :) :p

Obviously one of them "got out first" but I won't speculate as to who.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Scott Hamilton and Kitty Carruthers had a long distance relationship that he talked fondly of in his autobiography. The stress of training and the Olympics added to the long distance ended up being too much and they took a break. It sounds to me like this could be the case here... especially with what just happened at Worlds... both will be uberfocused on Vancouver, no time for a social life!

Medusa

Record Breaker
I don't know why this is such a big deal. There are two outcomes once a couple gets together: they break up, or worse, they get married :) :p
:rofl:

Great, now there is apple juice all over my keyboard... :scowl:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I always hoped for an off ice thing between Tanith and Ben. They seem to have a similar "vibe" about them. Calm, sweet, happy & focused.

How long were Jenny Kirk & Evan together?

pista04

On the Ice
It may be embarrasing, but I always secretly hoped Belbin and Agosto would actually get together off stage...hahaha. I think that the fact they contrast so much makes them work on ice and off ice. =]

I never really liked Tanith and Evan together, honestly...idk why. haha