Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Evan and Tanith

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    BTW, who else can't believe that somebody on a major news network was talking like a high-school girl about his girlfriend? how unprofessional!
    Yes she did sound very giggly, maybe she was a fan of Evan's and was starstruck..lol

Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    I gave up on getting the site to load with my slow dialup connection. Do tell, what gave you this impression? Thanks --
    Paraphrasing here-The interviewer was a female and the first thing she said to Evan was I just got off the phone with my husband and he said Evan isn't he the one with the hot girlfriend and Evan replies actually we broke up, then the interviewer says she is sorry, then Evan says that she was hot. .

Custom Title
    I'm sorry for Tanith and Evan and I wonder when they actually broke up?

Since I became a Tanith&Ben fan, I always thought what a nice off-the-ice couple they would be. I don't know if this will ever happen - dreaming is allowed though...

Custom Title

Ben's Girlfriend

Her name is Merrie Parr, I believe and if I remember correctly, she is a former skater. Didn't you guys see that he said, "Merrie, I love you!" in the Kiss and Cry?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efreedman View Post
    Her name is Merrie Parr, I believe and if I remember correctly, she is a former skater. Didn't you guys see that he said, "Merrie, I love you!" in the Kiss and Cry?
    awww. so cute. I am jealous of that girl right now.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    ^Thanks, that interviewer does indeed sound silly.

Tiny, I could also be a little jealous of Merrie if I let myself -- I really admire Ben! I've always liked Ben's attitude about competing. He can be a little silly and hammy sometimes, but he always seems so supportive toward Tanith and positive in general when they are getting ready to go on the ice. And he really does seem to balance "real life" and skating well. I read a blog or something of his one time, or maybe it was a description in a piece that came out in the flurry of articles that appeared after they first moved to Linichuk, where Ben talked about going home after practice one day and water pipes had burst at his house and etc. He's also mentioned his dogs, and I love anyone who loves their pets! Just made him seem very down-to-earth, taking care of domestic things while still being a world-class athlete.

No offense (and it might be unfair) but Lysacek has always reminded me of the joke about the man who fell in love with himself .... and it was mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    No offense (and it might be unfair) but Lysacek has always reminded me of the joke about the man who fell in love with himself .... and it was mutual.

LOL!

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    I have to laugh, too -- sorry, Evan fans, but that's pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    yeah, Ben has been together with his girlfriend for a few years now

As for Tanith and Evan, they are both very busy, too much so for a real dating life anyway, so having sombody to talk on the phone to when you are tried and be with on tour is I am sure all they could handle. I agree that the breakup probably has more to do with the olympic season than anything else. If Tanith has other incentives to move to LA after 2010, they could get back together then.

Long distance can work. My cousin and and his girlfriend went to college 2,000 miles apart but they stayed together for 3 years and got married afterward!
    I agree. My sister and her fiancee have dated for around 4ish years, and part of that was spent with him in Oxford and at college in a completely different state.

Sorry to hear that Tanith and Evan broke up though...

Custom Title
    Isn't that really rare though? I've seen so many people come to college with intention to go on long distance relationship, but as soon as they set their foot on the campus, it's "bye-bye ex-boy(girl)friend!".

yes, it is very rare, which is why it is so special when it lasts. I was just agreeing with the poster that sometimes long distance relationships can work.

I'm sure that long distance can work. But Tanith/Evan seemed like an indefinete long distance relationship.

Eien.
    Oh... they were dating?

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    In Tanith's and Evan's relationship it seemed possible there was an element of the old movie-studio "publicity dates" that used to be arranged for stars. Just a possibility, but it seemed kind of staged. But it's hard to appear natural in the spotlight, of course. And as has been pointed out, it was much easier to be an item when they were touring together than when practically a country apart.

Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    In Tanith's and Evan's relationship it seemed possible there was an element of the old movie-studio "publicity dates" that used to be arranged for stars. Just a possibility, but it seemed kind of staged.
    Ya think? I assume you think the Titanic "kind of sank".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast