2008-2009 Breakups Thread | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Breakups Thread

oleada

Record Breaker
I made a list of the pairs and dance couples that I know have split this season. Feel free to add any more info. Maybe the mods would like to sticky it?

CANADA
PAIRS
Taylor Steele/Chris Richardson (S8)
Christi Steele/Adam Johnson (S9)
Kristen Moore-Towers/Andrew Evans (J4)
Zoey Brown/Ian Beharry (J5)
Michelle Egli/Donald Jackson (J6)
Isabelle Lelievre/Sylvain Bouillere (J7) – he also has French citizenship
Kateryne Pigeon/Nathan Last (J9)

DANCE
Mylene Lamoureux/Michael Mee (S8)
Sarah Flesher/Jamie Forsythe (S11)
Clare Tannett/Wendell McGrath (S14)
Alexandra Paul/Jason Cheperdak (J3) – she’s skating with Mitchell Islam
Sophie Knippel/Andrew Britten (J4)
Maja Vermeulen/Andrew Doleman (J12)

GREAT BRITAIN
ICE DANCE
Genevieve Deutch/Evan Roberts (J1, JW18)

ITALY
PAIRS
Laura Maggiateri/Ondrej Hottarek – he’s skating with Stefania Berton

RUSSIA
PAIRS
Sabina Imaikina/Andrei Novoselov (J3, S5, JGPF 5) – he’s skating with a former singles skater under Natalia Pavlova, she’s skating with Semen Stepanov
Ksenia Stolbova/Artur Minchuk (S11)
Alexandra Malakova/Fedor Klimov (J8) – I think she outgrew him, he’s supposedly skating with Stolbova.

DANCE
Ekaterina Riazanova/Jonathan Guerreiro ( J1, JGPF3, JW3) – she’s skating with Ilia Tkachenko
Angelina Telegina/Victor Adoniev (J8, JGP Madrid 5)
Elizaveta Tchetinkina/Denis Smirnov (JGP Courchevel 6, JGP Mexico 5)

USA
PAIRS
MeeRan Trombley/Laurerano Ibarra (S11) – both retiring, he’s coaching w/Dalila Sappenfield
Bianca Butler/Joseph Jacobsen (S13)
Stephanie Kuban/Steven Elefante (14)
Jennifer Brunn/Don Baldwin (S18)
Brittany Chase/Andrew Speroff (J6)
Lauren Farr/Mac Kern (J7)
Kloe Bautista/Galvani Hopson (J9)
Megan Gueli/Grant Marron (J10)
Rachel DeRita/Brandon Accardi (J12)
Ashley Cain/Sergey Sidorov (N6)

DANCE
Morgan Matthews/Leif Gislason (S5)
Charlotte Maxwell/Nick Traxler (S9) – she’s retiring, he’s still skating
Clare Farrell/Chase Fishpaw (S10) – both are now going to school and coaching
Chloe Wolf/Rhys Ainsworth (J8) - she’s going to college
Elyse Matsumoto/Patrick Mays (J11)
Alison Carey/Daniel Donigan (J13)
Grace Lee Sells/Robert Cuthberson (N5)
McKenzie Reid/Adam Munday (N8)
Katharine Ziegler/Samuel Rashba (N9)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

When did this happen? they were still skating together last week, they performed at the opening ceremony at worlds.

Simone

Match Penalty
Reading that list makes one really admire pairs who stick it out together so long. It's not easy!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bautista/Hopson supposedly split last year, too, but because of the lack of age-eligible US junior skaters, they stayed together and were sent to the JGP. The US still is very short on Pairs teams, so even though Kloe is looking for a new partner, they still might wind up competing together this season.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Reading that list makes one really admire pairs who stick it out together so long. It's not easy!
It's probably quite hard - like any relationship... I'm sure it requires good communication and the ability to compromise

I think the skaters who have been together longest are Del/Schoe in the dance (since 1990!) and Pang/Tong in Pairs (since 1993). Those partnerships are older than some of their competitors! :clap:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Bautista/Hopson supposedly split last year, too, but because of the lack of age-eligible US junior skaters, they stayed together and were sent to the JGP. The US still is very short on Pairs teams, so even though Kloe is looking for a new partner, they still might wind up competing together this season.

Very interesting. There was an article about them in my local paper just before worlds and how they are best friends and all... i guess that is called rosy journalism.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they probably are friends, just different goals or other circs keep them from skating together.

supermarina75

Spectator
my first post and it's a rumor

Rumors are starting to circle that BOBROVA / SOLOVIEV are having a few problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sylvia

Record Breaker

When did this happen? they were still skating together last week, they performed at the opening ceremony at worlds.
Bautista/Hopson's split is now official because they were not included in USFS' Team C envelope that was posted earlier this week (they had qualified based on being one of the alternate pairs to Jr. Worlds).

ETA: Not listed on the U.S. Pairs/2009 Nationals list above are 3 recent splits: Lindsay Davis/Alexander Merritt (S12), Brynn Carman/Christopher Knierim (J2), and Lauren Gifford/Carson Bodnarek (N4). Davis and Gifford are both listed on icepartnersearch.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bobrova/Soloviev have been pretty much passed by Gorshkova/Butikov this season. That can shake up a partnership.

npa

Match Penalty
Bobrova/Soloviev have been pretty much passed by Gorshkova/Butikov this season. That can shake up a partnership.

They skated April 29th at show of young skaters in Moscow. I dont think they have problems now.