Triglav Trophy 2009 | Golden Skate

Triglav Trophy 2009

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I was surprised to see Alban Preaubert among the entries (and leading after the SP, no suprise), as well as Karel Zalenka - I thought Karel was injured? Considering his score maybe this was too soon for him.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Zelenka was injured at the beginning at the season and decided to skip it but now recovered. He fell on the3 flip today though. I hope I will be going tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet.

bottlestreet

Rinkside
Any further news on this yet? It seems the senior men and ladies skated quite awhile back, but I can't find a word anywhere.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Any further news on this yet? It seems the senior men and ladies skated quite awhile back, but I can't find a word anywhere.

I only know the 2 German results!

Sarah Hecken won the Ladies competition. 2nd Na-Young Kim.

Luisa Weber (Novice) won the Long Programm and is 4th at the End.

Congratulations to both, for fighting back after bad short Programms! :agree:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Luisa Weber (Novice) won the Long Programm and is 4th at the End.
4 Luisa WEBER GER 88.31 20 1
That is definitely fun to look at, comparable to Menshov at the Universiade.

Protocols are here.

Préaubert landed 8 Triples but no Quad. Abzal Rakimgaliyev showed that he really wants to be at the Olympics, landing a 3A and 4 more Triples. Zelenka did what he is capable of, landing 7 Triples but of course no 3A.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Thanks, Medusa! Well, for once Alban does not get criminally low PCS - in fact, one could argue they're a bit high... Quick, someone alert Skate Canada :biggrin:!

I'm not sure Karel is not capable of more - e.g. 3S-1R is not exactly a top-notch combination. But yes, his days as the Italian no. 1 are clearly over. At least Contesti got Italy extra spots for Euros, Olys and Worlds!

Last edited: