TV/Online Coverage | Golden Skate

TV/Online Coverage

skatingbc

Final Flight
I just checked the Eurosport site out of curiosity...and there are two hours of Figure Skating being aired on Thursday April 16th!

It says World Champs, but it could possibly be the World Team Trophy, couldn't it? Does anyone have any more info on this?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IceNetwork is covering it on demand (not live). But considering the competition takes place in the wee hours of the morning in the eastern US, I'm not sure how many of us in North America would be watching it live.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I just checked the Eurosport site out of curiosity...and there are two hours of Figure Skating being aired on Thursday April 16th!

It says World Champs, but it could possibly be the World Team Trophy, couldn't it? Does anyone have any more info on this?
My guess is that it'll be a repeat of the WC gala. They don't have any figure skating scheduled for the 17th :frown:.

CCTV5 might show it, at least in part.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
2009 ISU World Team Trophy - Tokyo Japan - April 16 - 19

Asahi TV, Tokyo (Same day coverage only)

Opening day coverage on Thursday, April 16th will be from 19:00 to 21:48 (7 to 9:48 p.m.) Tokyo time.

(Japan is 13 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern and 16 hours ahead of U.S. Pacific time)

Thursday, April 16 19:00 to 21:48 (6:00 a.m. to 8:48 a.m. Eastern / 3:00 a.m. to 5:48 am Pacific)
Friday, April 17 19:00 to 20:54 (6:00 a.m. to 7:54 a.m. Eastern / 3:00 a.m. to 4:54 a.m. Pacific)
Saturday, April 18 19:00 to 21:24 (6:00 a.m. to 8:24 a.m. Eastern / 3:00 a.m. to 5:24 a.m. Pacific)
Sunday, April 19 19:00 to 20:54 (6:00 a.m. to 7:54 a.m. Eastern / 3:00 a.m. to 4:54 a.m. Pacific)

You can watch TV Asahi LIVE on a PC or MAC on the web utilizing the P2P program Keyhole TV. Free download here.

Note: IceNetwork will provide ON-DEMAND coverage only. Dates and Times TBA

Anniedan

Spectator
IceNetwork only in US

Remember, for everything ISU related, IceNetwork is only good in the US...
I learned the hard way.

On-demand or not, don't count on that website to watch the World Team Trophy...

To date, CBC/Bold/cbc.ca doesn't seem to be broadcasting it.

I wrote to ask, but I'm doubting they have time to change their minds. Our only hope (in Canada, anyway) is if they did think about broadcasting it (at least online) and simply forgot to advertize it... Which would be surprising.

I noticed that PJ Kwong (the Bold and cbc.ca commentator, for those not familiar) didn't mention the World Team Trophy once during the season...

I can't get myself worked up over this. In Boxing, they have rematches. Here most of the rematches aren't in the mix. It will be fun to watch even On Demand.

I don't care who wins, altough the skaters want that money. I would like to take another look at some of the skaters within the Teams, especially Joubert and Mao. Also looking for a promising Denny&Barrett.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I can't get myself worked up over this. In Boxing, they have rematches. Here most of the rematches aren't in the mix.

I was always fascinated by the difference between skating and boxing. In boxing, when the world champion loses, he is no longer the champion. In skating, the world champion can lose several times ....... and still be champion. :biggrin:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I heard that TRT (Turkish channel) would be showing it on FSuniverse. But I don't know if TRT int will be showing it, especially as I cant' speak a word of Turkish, so can't understand the schedule.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NTV Online (available via WebTV) will show the Friday through Sunday events LIVE.

Shaba22

Final Flight
KeyHoleTv is always writes me:

LOGIN TIME OUT. CHECH YOUR NETWORK!!!

What's the problem?

Alicja

On the Ice
Same here. Extremely choppy. Not worth watching choppy. Any other possibilities?

Yeah, extremely choppy... I saw half of V/M's spin and the first set of B/A's twizzles....and that's it...

Not sure if there are any other options...