Tivo, computer and television watching | Golden Skate

Tivo, computer and television watching

Linny

Final Flight
This might not be the right place to post this topic. If it's not, administrators feel free to move it.

The season was a bust for me. Hardly any of it was televised. I don't like watching on my computer - so I paid for a subscription to Ice Network that I didn't use.

Next season, I want to be able to use my Tivo to record the events as they occur from the various places they are streamed. Then, I can watch the events in my living room on my Television and use the nice Tivo pause and replay features... and also watch them at my convenience and not necessarily when they occur.

Anyone on the list technically savy enough to point me in the direction of what I will need in my home to accomplish this?

Lin

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if I'm following your question.

I have TiVo. To ensure that it picks up most skating programs, I set up a season pass using the keywords figure skating as well as one for Sports - Figure Skating. This should allow auto-recording of whatever is broadcast on your TV plan.

As far as I can see, TiVo only has one input for recording, which is your TV provider.

I know you can connet TiVO to your home network and watch YouTube videos and download from other sites, but I don't think it actually records to your hard drive.

Also, if you computer is output capable to TV and your TV has the PC connection, you could use your TV to watch what's on the internet.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You can watch the icenetwork coverage at your own convenience. It is put up ondemand after the event. There are no commercials, there is a pause button, and if you want to skip ahead in the coverage, drag the little bar below the picture to the right to about where you guess you want to be.