Michelle Obama's Royal Fauxpas!!!! | Golden Skate

Michelle Obama's Royal Fauxpas!!!!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
According to the London press it was ok because the Queen put her arm around Michelle's waist, too.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
According to the London press it was ok because the Queen put her arm around Michelle's waist, too.

Some were not happy about. Of course, a couple of hundred years ago Michelle Obama would have lost her head for such an act.....oh well.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear!!! The cardinal rule while visiting the Royals is "you must never touch the Queen." I guess the Obamas did not read up on their royal dos and don'ts before their visit to the Royal family. Michelle is seen with her arm around Queen Elizabeth. The Royal Watchers will be outraged!!!!
:biggrin:
I'm glad the queen has more class than her royal watchers!!! How small of anyone to think they are not good enough to touch the queen!!!

jennylovskt

Medalist
The way people view the Royals has been permenantly changed by princess Diana. Not many care much about the Royals the way that was used to be. This time, the good thing is that the Queen has reacted wisely and quickly enough to put her arm around Michelle. So it could be viewed as the affection between the two instead of the offensive feeling that could be generated from the conservatives.