Abbott looks forward to ISU World Team Trophy | Golden Skate

Abbott looks forward to ISU World Team Trophy

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090405&content_id=63658&vkey=ice_news

Jeremy Abbott doesn't usually teach skating, but he's a hit at Montclair State University's Floyd Hall Arena.

"We did spirals and spins and jumps with him," Ilana Sedaka, 7, said. "And we played a game called blog, and it was fun. There was a tagger, and they tag someone, and when it's four on, you break out two."

"It was something I learned when I was little," Abbott, who took up skating in his hometown of Aspen, Colo., said. "Actually, my coach Tom [Zakrajsek] plays it occasionally with his students. When you get tagged, you hold on [to each other] up to a link of four, and then split off in twos. It's fun and it helps teaches control."

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
If Jeremy skates like he did at Nationals, he and Evan should do 2 - 3, or possibly 1 - 3.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Abbott looks forward to ISU World Team Trophy

And I'm looking forward to his performances.

His, Takahiko Kozuka's and maybe Joubert's (although it's prob better not to expect much from him at this point). Anyways, good luck :clap:

centerpt1

On the Ice
I'm not looking forward to his performances (Abbott's). Much as I love his skating when he's "on"---it's painful to watch when he's not jumping well. I wish the US was sending someone else. Someone more on top of their game right now, like Mroz.

I do wish Abbott a great 09/10 season-I'd love to see him on the Olympic team.

Last edited:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
You know, I wish people would cut him some slack.

He had a great run this year starting with the Cup of China, Grand Prix Final and the U.S. Nationals. I think he put so much effort into those competitions that by the time Four Continents and Worlds came along he just ran out of gas.

But hopefully he can build form this any has a good run next seanson and mke the Olympic Team :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know, I wish people would cut him some slack.

I do too. Unlike other top US men (Lysacek & Weir), Abbott has been competing since July 2008 and he never sat out a competition, so no wonder he tired out by the end of the season. Evan had a long break from competition from early November post Skate Canada to late January to be ready for Nationals and Johnny missed out on 4CC and Worlds. Neither of them participated in summer competition. It's nearly impossible to maintain a high level of momentum from July 2008 to April 2009. I'm glad he has decided to sit out Liberty this season. An Olympic season packed with events like the 2009 season I think will spell disaster for him. He had way too much on his plate this season! Jeremy achieved a lot that he can be proud of: Cup of China gold, 1st ever US man to claim Senior GPF gold, and US Nationals gold. Way to go, Jeremy! :love::bow: