Peppy / Poopy Lessons & Practices 10/5 - 10/11 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Peppy / Poopy Lessons & Practices 10/5 - 10/11

singerskates

On the Ice
Today's Ice Time:

Oh, I showed my coach the announcement for Adult Canadians and she was floored that it was all the way in BC. ROTFLOL

She has me teaching two different groups in Learn to Skate and
CanSkate tomorrow morning. She asked me at today's Learn to Skate where I warmed up all the kids on the ice before they went to their groups.

I later was teaching this one girl during her freeskate time about
spirals and doing demos. She was so cute just trying to stroke
forward and then do a two foot guild to left her foot behind her
barely but it gave her purpose to want to try to do what we were
trying to get her to do in her Learn to Skate group. She totally
forgot about the stroking and just did it and totally forgot about
the gliding and did it just to try to do a spiral like me. Not even
close to mine but it was a good attempt for her.

Today while learning my footwork section for my When You Believe Interpretive FS, I did a little Pair Skating with my choreographer. Everything was in unison except for when I got to the dumb LI Op Mo. I don't know why I can do back double 3 in any direction outside and inside but can't do a forward CW 3 or a LI Op Mo. What gives? Why won't my head let me skate it? Yeah, I'm a CCW skater. Anyway, I ran through what I have choreographed so far into a forward spin not really trying getting 5 revs (Tuesday's forward spin had 9 fast revs I was told by my friend) and then exited and got myself to the corner in a pose that says, "Hey Judges, look at me. I'm going to do a diagonal footwork section." This is where I placed the footwork we
worked on today. It was working great until that dumb back LI Op Mo! Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a decent RFO to RFI spiral with my foot extend above my head and then into my cheated flip/toe combo. It's the flip that is still landed on 2 feet.

Brigitte

How did it go with you guys for your Today's Ice Time.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yazmeen-
I absolutely love spanish guitar. There is something about Latin music that makes me want to move! I am going to have to check out that album. Let us know how the artistic program comes along.

And Cinderella you go GiRL! :)

Doesn't the word "album" really show how old we are?!:laugh:

Yazmeen

On the Ice
dlk: Title of the album is "Gipsy Night" (his spelling, not mine). My coach heard him at a club in Miami and was mesmerized. If you like this type of music, check out Ottmar Liebert and Luna Negra in the CD store. I'm sure you've heard the track "Barcelona" before.