How to make a sport popular - hints from Rugby | Golden Skate

How to make a sport popular - hints from Rugby

Medusa

Record Breaker
- Links NSFW, and not suitable for innocent children -

Well, you all know Rugby, the real thing, not that mushy American version. Rugby wasn't that popular for some time in France. The World Championships there a few years ago and several other campaigns took care of that, including a fantastic calendar.

Today I discovered this from the Adidas website (I am not promoting them or anything ;)) of New Zealand. (Don't forget to hit slow-mo replay... There is some zoom involved :yes: My favourite is the guy in the black jersey) Uhm, I probably should add that swapping the jerseys after a football or rugby game is pretty standard, at least in Europe (why do you think I watch that stuff? well, I actually like the games too). Is that in the US the same?

That is some seriously wicked way of promoting a sport, it's fun and hilarious, light-hearted, attention catching. It's the way to go, especially the New Zealand thing, the France thing maybe a bit racy for some people.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do we even play rugby in the US? :laugh: definitely not something we learned in P.E. - we prefer lacrosse and football and soccer in Alaska lol

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I guess Hockey as a spectator sport, yeah... but not in gym class... that would require teaching people to skate on the ice... we did badminton and bowling in the winter instead...

and yes we did co-ed football in PE... touch and flag... sometimes we would forget and play full contact... good times.