Shizuka Arakawa looks so pretty | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa looks so pretty

lcd

Match Penalty
always such uniquely smooth control out of jumps. The angle of her free foot always seemed 'odd' to me, but very very smooth.

Gosh, that was just exquisite. Even her jumps look angelic. How proud of their Olympic champion Japan must be.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Lovely. she still has one of the best 3 lutzes of all the ladies out there. I love her pro skating...she was born to do it.

Wrlmy

Medalist
All the talks about Mk and Sasha's return, and Shizuka is landing lutz out of spiral entry.:laugh:
I seriously adore this lady:bow:

encore

Spectator
It’s 2009, I’m watching her and I’m breathless again… She’s my absolute darling! Those fantastic body lines… :love:

MKFSfan

Medalist
...and Shizuka has a lip.

She looks phenomenal! Difficult entries into jumps, nice spirals, biellmann and camel spins. Is it just me or has she gotten even better since 2006???

passion

On the Ice
She still has the grace and elegance that she had when i saw her win the Olympics. She is a pleasure to watch! I love her maturity.

elanna

Rinkside
Every time I watch her skating I catch myself on the thought that, considering her amazing jumping ability and the beauty of her skating, she could make quite a successful comeback if she only wanted to! Just marvelous, real pleasure!:love:

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
Shizuka is truly amazing

Very deserving Olympic champion!

She was like a combination of Michelle's artistry and musicality and the technical savvy and biellmans of Irina and the forward catchfoot spin of Sasha!

Medusa

Record Breaker
She is really beautiful, has those amazing secure jumps, breathtaking flexibility, fantastic skating skills, good speed, great spins....

But what I would like to see from her (of course I don't matter) is some more versatility. She is always skating to rock pop ballads or some classical ballads like Turandot or Ave Maria. An upbeat Cole Porter song would suit her very well, maybe try something Spanish / Latin - themed music or perhaps just some faster classical music.

Wrlmy

Medalist
^ I thought techno swan was brilliant:)

Her greatest strength, basic skating skill, does seem to limit her choice of genre however. Her blades are practically magnetic to the ice, evident in her surreal soft landing and crossover. Ironically, it makes it seems like she is not light on her feet. So, "lighter" music tends to downplay her strength.