Shizuka Arakawa looks so pretty | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa looks so pretty

janetfan

Match Penalty
Every time I watch her skating I catch myself on the thought that, considering her amazing jumping ability and the beauty of her skating, she could make quite a successful comeback if she only wanted to! Just marvelous, real pleasure!:love:

Personally I think Shizuka would have had a strong chance to medal at Vancouver if she had chosen to return. For me she brings more than many of the top medal contenders. Such elegance! :love:

wishmaker

Rinkside
Shiz is and will always be an exquisite and elegant skater. Even if she doesn't participate in competitions, as she has said before that she will be doing shows, I'm in awe as she performs always to a higher level. Every program is always done to its best and she leaves the judging to the audience. I have so much respect for this champion-indeed a real champion every time she skates.

vlaurend

Final Flight
Proof that the right skater won in Torino. :clap::rock:
I think she could win again, but I'm glad she's staying professional because if anyone can breathe the life back into professional skating, it's this lady!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Proof that the right skater won in Torino. :clap::rock:
I think she could win again, but I'm glad she's staying professional because if anyone can breathe the life back into professional skating, it's this lady!

If you mean that the judges got it right in Torino I would agree with you.
Shizuka won fair and square by skating the best. Even though I was rooting like crazy for Sasha and was upset when she lost I always felt if was fair.
And Shizuka is a most deserving and worthy Olympic Champion in my eyes.

I don't know if she could win again but I wouldn't be surprised to see her back on the podium. But that is one of the nice things about winning OGM - you don't ever have to prove it again. (Unless your name is Plushenko ;))

seniorita

Record Breaker
Shizuka is one of my fav ladies to watch before and after Olympics, her style and class on ice have no match, I wanted Irina to win in 2006, but Arakawa was amazing. I m not sure I liked her program as a program itself (the best one was cohen's for me) but she gave it life and that rocks in my books!
Her lines are beautiful and she has a gentle but powerful demeanor, I put only Ando up there with her.