Thread: Whose mind would you choose?

Lightbulb Whose mind would you choose?

Of everyone on this board, if you could have someone elses mind, whose would you choose? I would choose RGirls.

I have a debate here. Should I have used who's or whose?

What would Brian Boitano do?
    "Whose" is correct here. That is the correct possessive form of who. "Who's" is used for abbreviating "who is"; as in 'who's on first?'

Math was and is my worst subject, so hey Mathman, wanna switch....... 42

hmmmmmmmmmmm I like my mind(or what's left of it just fine)

but hey Show 42 is awesome so if I *HAVE* to pick

Extinction is Forever 4dogknight's Avatar
    I agree, whose is correct. (just adhering to the of or belonging to rule)

As to the mind I'd choose, that's easy; I'd choose mine if I could find it. Strange things happen when you retire!

Seriously though, I'm not sure whose mind I'd choose since everyone who posts on the GS forum brings something different to the table. Each poster has a different background , carries their own set of luggage and each has a sense of humor that never allows condescension or pontification.

But all in all, I'd rather be me than an imitation of someone else. Of course if I could mind meld, the possibilities are endless.

4dk
    (Have I danced around the question enough?)

Awwwww.......thanks Toni....... 42

Custom Woman
    Wow, Grgranny, that's so cool! I don't know how long you'd want it for though, lol.

Actually, I have a list, since I think it would be fascinating to have somebody else's mind--for a while, anyway.

1. Grgranny, because you have and have had such an incredible life, also we're alike in some ways and very different in others and I'd like to have the mind of someone who was different from mine in some ways.
    2. Mathman. My ex-FYance (not a mistake, just watched "Raising Arizona") was a phyical chemist and his ability to think on really high levels of math fascinated me. I got a taste of it in a basic course in high-speed particle physics, but it was like a tapdancer learning a basic times step. Also, Mathman is a good and loyal friend to people. I'd also like to have the mind of a true Kwaniac, at least for a while. Finally, I think he's also got a naughty side. I think that would be a cool combination to have. Plus I'd like to find out all the hidden stuff. Of course, I want to have my mind while I have these other minds so I can have these minds and watch them at the same time.
    3. Tharrtell, because she's a smart, awesome athlete and I'd love to feel like that.
    4. Show, because she's so nice and is a teacher.
    5. Rtureck, because I'm curious and so I could ask myself some questions as to "Why?"

There are a bunch of other minds on GS I'd love to have for a while--Realtorgal (even though it would be redundant since we were separated at birth), Windspirit, Joesitz, Piel, BronzeisGolden, SkateCynic, Heyang, KwanisQueen, Tonichelle, Ladskater, to name just a few--but in the end, I'd want my mind back (the old good one, lol) so I could think about what was in all those other minds.
    Rgirl (for the moment)
    Last edited by Rgirl; 10-06-2003 at 12:00 PM.

Custom Title
    I'd have to say RGirl or Mathman also. I hate Math and would love to be able to look at it with anything but extreme anxiety. RGirl is a treasure trove of information and clever, quirky remarks. But, as RGirl said above, I think I'd miss me. Maybe we could all work out time shares?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Whose mind would you choose?

I am not sure I would want someone eles' mind - that might be dangerous! But I would not mind Mathman's math skills for awhile. Since math is my nemesis, it would be great to overcome my "math phobia."

Custom Woman
    Originally posted by BronzeisGolden
    As RGirl said above, I think I'd miss me. Maybe we could all work out time shares?
    What a brilliant idea, BG! Time-share minds. There'd be those damn maintenance fees, but heck, I think it would be worth it. Would it work like regular time shares? More expensive in the peak season and cheaper in the off? Hmm, what would the peak season be for my mind? My guess is that for Mathman it would be while he's working with grad students on research, but maybe it's during Nats and Worlds when Michelle is skating, who knows? Well, so there are a few kinks to work out, I still dig the idea.
    Rgirl

I would borrow Mathman's because I am math-illiterate. That's not a word but it makes the point.

I would borrow Rgirl's because she expresses herself very well.

I would borrow Show's because she seems like she would be such a great, nice school teacher.

I would borrow Toni's because she shares her faith in God in a very wonderful way. If we let God shine through us, we don't have to be overbearing. I think Toni does that very well.

Ultimately, I would come back to me, such as it is. .
    Last edited by Pookie; 10-07-2003 at 09:28 AM.

I'm not sure about exchanging minds although my tired old one could use another. However, I have been reading some fasinating interesting cross dialog between HockeyFan and Skatefanconvert, and I think definitely I could use another mind.

Joe

Well, if my mind totally went out of order, I would take RGirl's or Mathman's.

Custom Woman
    Aww, y'all are just saying that because Mathman and I argue over statistics all the time and pretend we know what we're talking about

Honestly, half the time I feel as if my relationship with my mind is like the scene in "Minority Report" where Tom Cruise drops his old eyeballs and keeps kicking them as he tries to pick them up while they're rolling down the ramp. When they fall through the grate, he manages to save one by grabbing onto a small string of tissue.
    Rgirl