Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Is Yu-Na more similar to Katarina rather than Michelle?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Off topic
    Is there an ignore list on forum?How i missed that?thats why i m talking sometimes alone with no answers?

There are two ignore buttons seniorita. One for annoying people - and another special one that automatically blocks all Plushy comments.
    Which one did you want to use

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    They do have similar body types
    they DO?what annoys me a litlle bit in rochette is her body, especially her arms are a bit.. i dont know the word, they are a bit "ballooned". For me kwan was in another world.

and another special one that automatically blocks all Plushy comments.

I knew it!it blocks only good comments!plushy conspiracy

they DO?what annoys me a litlle bit in rochette is her body, especially her arms are a bit.. i dont know the word, they are a bit "ballooned". For me kwan was in another world.
    laugh:

I knew it!it blocks only good comments!plushy conspiracy
    Watch this clip to see good posture and watch her straight back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudUgLIMdW0

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Watch this clip to see good posture and watch her straight back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudUgLIMdW0
    Hmm. Really good. But posture-wise - this is also great.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Hmm. Really good. But posture-wise - this is also great.
    Yes, Laura is a lovely skater. Dorothy had the best posture in her era. For me Sasha has lovely posture too.
    Last edited by janetfan; 06-11-2009 at 08:01 AM.

its funny cause i watch the videos with no sound, i have no idea what she skates to Were the old ladies faster than the current? it looks like to me in D.H. video.I had only seen her olympic ones sometime, she was beautiful.
    yes lepisto is very graceful, except 2:50.

Custom Title
    what annoys me a litlle bit in rochette is her body, especially her arms are a bit.. i dont know the word, they are a bit "ballooned".
    "Ballooned". Joannie is just, um, built. My issue with Rochette's arms is that they're...stiff. She has good posture, as do Michelle and Laura, but her arms don't move as fluidly and naturally as Michelle's. Laura has this problem, too. It's like they're holding a big beach ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    "Ballooned". Joannie is just, um, built. My issue with Rochette's arms is that they're...stiff. She has good posture, as do Michelle and Laura, but her arms don't move as fluidly and naturally as Michelle's. Laura has this problem, too. It's like they're holding a big beach ball.
    That's exactly it - you've hit the nail on the head for me about Joannie, it's her arms that are stiff, if she jsut softened them slightly she'd look much better. The stiffness in her arms gives her skating a look as if she's concentrating really hard ont eh chreography rather than just losing herself in it.

Ant

its funny cause i watch the videos with no sound, i have no idea what she skates to Were the old ladies faster than the current? it looks like to me in D.H. video.I had only seen her olympic ones sometime, she was beautiful.
    yes lepisto is very graceful, except 2:50.
    Keep this quiet - but Dorothy won US Natls, OGM and WC in 1976 skating to "film music." She skated to excerpts from several scores written by legendary film score composer Max Steiner.
    BTW, as a young boy growing up in Vienna Max Steiner took piano lessons with Brahms. Later he studied composition and theory with Mahler. Imagine their disappointment if they could have seen what became of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    "Ballooned". built. My issue with Rochette's arms is that they're...stiff. It's like they're holding a big beach ball.
    yes that was what i had pretty much in mind also, sorry for ballonned, i had no intention to offense or something

yes that was what i had pretty much in mind also, sorry for ballonned, i had no intention to offense or something
    You are right, both Rochette and Lepistö have relatively stiff arms. But I still prefer Lepistö, she is charming and Rochette isn't (just my opinion of course).

Just read that Real Madrid offers 94 Million Euros (130 Million $) for C. Ronaldo? Holy moly!

Custom Title
    No offence taken. I just thought "ballooned" was a hilarious way of saying that Joannie's got arms that make Johnny's look like a nymph's.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    You are right, both Rochette and Lepistö have relatively stiff arms. But I still prefer Lepistö, she is charming and Rochette isn't (just my opinion of course).

Just read that Real Madrid offers 94 Million Euros (130 Million $) for C. Ronaldo? Holy moly!
    During Worlds Button commented that "Joannie has no idea how good she really is." I think he meant she needs to relax, and offer more of herself to the audience. I like her alot - but she is not one of my favorites.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    During Worlds Button commented that "Joannie has no idea how good she really is." I think he meant she needs to relax, and offer more of herself to the audience. I like her alot - but she is not one of my favorites.
    I remember Sandra saying the same thing about her back in 2006. I didn't know what Sadra meant, but your interpretation makes sense. Her potential really materialized this past season, so maybe she will be able to relax.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Mao has gone through several cycles. It was two or three years ago where her LP looked like 3Lo, 3Lo+2Lo, 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo, etc. In those days her problem jump was the toe-loop. She often got dinged for pre-rotation (toe Axel.)

Now, in her all-time best performance (over 200 points at the 2009 World team trophy) she did 3A, 3A+2T, 3F+2Lo+2Lo, 3Lo, 3F+2Lo, 3T, 2A. No Slachow and no Lutz. (She tried a Lutz in the SP at Worlds but popped it.) Her SP at WTT was 3A+2T, 3F, 2A.

So out of ten jumping passes she did 5 Axels and 3 flips. Who can blame her? That's how to score 200 points in the CoP.
    With layouts like that, how am I supposed to know which jumps she has and which ones she doesn't? As far as I am concerned, if she is tinkering around with her jump layouts rather than sticking in one of each jump, she is working around a weakness and does NOT have all of the jumps.

IMO Mao lands the triple axel enough that she can say that she "has" the jump. Of course, I have seen numerous scary falls from her on that jump- including that waxel from a few years ago where she landed on her back.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast