6. Elena Sokolova RUS 5 6 6 6 6 0

Men:
1. Evgeni Plushenko RUS 1 1 1 1 1 10
2. Timothy Goebel USA 3 2 2 2 2 8
3. Michael Weiss USA 2 3 3 3 3 6
4. Takeshi Honda JPN 5 5 5 4 6 2 *** TIE ***
4. Ryan Jahnke USA 6 4 4 6 5 2 *** TIE ***
4. Scott Smith USA 4 6 6 5 4 2 *** TIE

Wow, Sasha won. I'm impressed. Not a good start for Elena, though. The men's "ties" are kind of irritating. Whats wrong with just placing the guys 4th, 5th and 6th?

Laura

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'm wondering what Judge #3 saw that made him place Fumie in 3rd place and AP in 5th! Obviously he must not have been watching the performances too well since he was the lone voice of dissent.

Where are the placements for the Zamboni?! I smell a CONSPIRACY!!! The MSG Zamboni rocked! The judges obviously have it out for NY and the Garden. Sounds like Speedy is behind this one, too. He hates anything that can go faster than he can.:p
Rgirl

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah for Sasha!!! I am so anxious to see her performance.

Dee

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
From the reports of the men's competitions, I think an injured Alexei could have easily cruised into 2nd place here. I hear that other than Ryan and Evgeni, the men were zzzzzzzzz....

Laura :)

I hope I don't fall asleep during Tim's skate on TV and miss Evgeni. Dee, will you make sure I'm awake? You know how Tim makes me nod off. Thanks.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
dewet said:
FAVORITISM, I would have shown it too.;)

What favoritism? The judge in question (#3) is the Finnish judge! The Japanese judge had Fumie in 5th along with the rest of the other judges.

Smiley0884

Rinkside
PrincessLeppard said:
From the reports of the men's competitions, I think an injured Alexei could have easily cruised into 2nd place here. I hear that other than Ryan and Evgeni, the men were zzzzzzzzz....

I hope I don't fall asleep during Tim's skate on TV and miss Evgeni. Dee, will you make sure I'm awake? You know how Tim makes me nod off. Thanks.

OK the fact that you have to take a dig at Tim everyother post, is getting old, IMO. I'm not saying you have to like his skating, but why is there such a need to put someone down so often?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Have I been overtly harsh to Timmy? I'm sorry. I've met him, he's so incredibly NICE, I want to like his skating (and I did at Worlds this year), but I just can't.

If you feel I have bashed Tim excessively, I apologize. I usually don't even discuss him on the boards.

Smiley0884

Rinkside
I understand, and I'm a big fan of his, and I think he's boring sometimes too. It's just that Tim is SOOOOOO sweet I get a little defensive for him :)