Photos | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Photos

jjane45

On the Ice
I like Caroline's long sleek hair, how does she get all that into the bun is mysterious :D The backstage photo on icenetwork of her and Kozuka, Oda is super cute :love:
Watched the youtube video for ladies SP, OMG the scene of US teammates standing behind Caroline waving a huge flag while she awaited her score was :chorus:

Fashionista

On the Ice
Skate Canada has lovely pics from the opening banquet (one of each team).

Liked: Dube, Pfaneuf, Tessa & Scott, Vanessa James, Amodio, Lysacek, Tanith.

The trendiest lady award goes to Katarina Gerboldt!

Neutral: Team Japan and team China, Yuko Kavaguti, Caroline and Rachel, Ben Agosto, Jana Khokhlova, Joubert, brunette Didier

Disliked: Patrick Chan, Chipeur, Bonneur, blonde Didier, Burzat, Smirnov, Leonova, Menshov, Voronov, Novitzky, american pair skaters, Abbott

The worst outfit award goes to Bryce Davison, Nathalie Pechalat and Joannie Rochette

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
It's amazing how Caroline can get all that hair in such a tight little bun when she skates.

Well the rumor is that she gets into her pearl position and as she rises up she grabs her hair and twists it into place on her head. (joke) ;)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The trendiest lady award goes to Katarina Gerboldt!
Neglecting to wear pants or a skirt is trendy? The girls from Go Fug Yourself tell me otherwise :laugh:. Smirnov was right to look embarassed!

The worst outfit award goes to Bryce Davison, Nathalie Pechalat and Joannie Rochette
Bryce gets worst hair, very impressive when you look at some of the Russians. Joannie vs. Nathalie - I think Joannie's fashion crime is worse. At least Nathalie tried to do something interesting (and failed). Joannie's was ugly and dull.

G. Didier's dress is actually kind of cute, just not on her. C. Didier is beautiful so she can wear whatever she likes. And the Japanese team's suits are better than the Chinese team's. Mao looks particularly nice in hers. And let this be a lesson to Jessica: you look good in longer skirts!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Joannie is trying to hide her muscles. :laugh:
In a sleeveless top? She needs something bigger for that. Something like this. The sandals are also awful. Yuko's outfit would have looked nice on Joannie, though the top would have needed to be in a different color.

TV comparisons: off the ice, Nathalie Pechalat looks like a brunette version of Tyra Colette from Friday Night Lights. And one skater who shall not be named kind of reminds me of Ben Linus from Lost. It's creepy.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Meanwhile, Caroline's off-ice look makes her look dowdy. :laugh: She's got to trim her hair ASAP - I can't imagine how much more trendier she'd look with a modern style like Mirai's.

Oh yes, as much as I love her, the girl needs a serious haircut. I love long hair, but that's a bit too much. I agree, I like Mirai's hairstyle.

Alicja

On the Ice
Oh yes, as much as I love her, the girl needs a serious haircut. I love long hair, but that's a bit too much. I agree, I like Mirai's hairstyle.

Whe I first saw Mirai with the new haircut and I was like 'Is that Mirai?' :p I almost didn't recognize her at first but when I took a closer look, I think it's coming off nicely.

sillylionlove

Medalist
My comments from the Skate Canada Photos:

Team Canada
Ok....is Tessa wearing stirrup leggings? Seriously I think I wore those in high school circa the mid 80's!! Are they coming back? Please no!!!
Bryce...I got some scissors and hair gel...would you like to borrow them?
Cynthia looks like she is going to poke someone's eyes out with those shoes!!
Joannie and Jessica look very nice

Team China
If I didn't know better I would like this is a picture from a novice competition. They look like the average age is about 10!! And how come the two people in the middle of the picture aren't wearing those great looking (NOT) purple jackets? They must be the lucky winners of the better looking jackets jackpot!

Team France
They look like they are having a blast. Fabian is a babe but dude seriously...the shirt...very 70's...is that coming back too?
Natalie's dress...interesting....and not in a good way. Would be a nice dress without that pattern. Surprising since France has really nice fashion.
Are Vanessa and Yannick a couple off the ice? They should be...they look great together!!

Team Japan
If I didn't know better I would like they were at the same novice competition as China!
In this picture Mervin Tran was the lucky winner of the ugly looking jacket jackpot! That's a corderoy leisure suit style...please don't let that come back!! Nobu's smile always made me laugh...it's goofy in a cute way!
And Narumi Takahashi must have came directly from school to the competition since she is wearing her school uniform!

Team Russia
Sergei Novitski...please that material never looks good on anyone...except Don Johnson circa 1985!!
Alexander Smirnov looks like he is very scared or something. Yuko looks like she should be at the same Novice competition as China and Japan. She is really really small!

Team USA
Jeremy B....he looks like Mark Ladwig..which is funny because Amanda Evora skates with Mark and is Jeremy's girlfriend!!
Caydee...love her but the bangs...don't love so much!!
Caroline looks beautiful. Had no idea her hair was that long!!
Rachel....she really needs to ditch the bun!
Jeremy A..I am not sure that I get the grey and black look. He's like the fourth guy wearing that combination in these pics.
Tanith...nice as ever...but here's something interesting...if she's not with Evan anymore why do they always look like they are still together in pictures?
As for Evan....the red belt kind of ruins the whole outfit!
Ben....he looks good!! I think he gets better looking as time goes on!!

So there's my very superficial, waste time at work cause it's friday comments!

And finally these pictures....should be NC-17 rated)
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0a5v4vC96S4ca?q=figure+skating
http://www.daylife.com/photo/06Iu3s33Lv5Ps?q=figure+skating

YIKES!!!!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Team Canada
Ok....is Tessa wearing stirrup leggings? Seriously I think I wore those in high school circa the mid 80's!! Are they coming back? Please no!!!
Sadly they are, and they don't look any better on other women... This wins worst leggings of the year award, even though it's only April I don't see how that can be beaten.

I knew one of them would be Jana's wedgie - ouch! But really, I've seen worse in PG-13 movies.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Did the USFSA order their men to hide their bouquets?

Because here you have the Canadians and the Japanese waving their fluffy pink bouquets. But here you got the American men - and no bouquets in sight. This + the fact that there weren't any flowers for male skaters at Worlds = flowers + men + USA = is not possible. :p

Fae

Rinkside
The wedgie picture made me LOL!

It's almost as if she's thinking: must look graceful...*ignore* wedgie...hold the pose....look graceful! look graceful!

And the picture of D/D...um, I think I saw a bit too much for comfort!! O_O

Last edited:

viv

On the Ice
Did the USFSA order their men to hide their bouquets? ... no bouquets in sight. This + the fact that there weren't any flowers for male skaters at Worlds = flowers + men + USA = is not possible. :p

Actually, one can see that Evan has some - look between Carolines and Rachels hips. But it looks as if the American men silently agreed not to wave with them. :biggrin:

^ I also see in the U.S.A. picture that Caroline Z. is the only one who found the right camera to look into. She has a knack! ;)

Andalusia

Final Flight
^ I also see in the U.S.A. picture that Caroline Z. is the only one who found the right camera to look into. She has a knack! ;)

:)

She seems shy, but I notice she's usually conscious of the camera on her and looks directly into it (my dad commented that she looked directly at us in the opening pose of her exhibition at the WTT!). She knows what works for her, that one. ;)