Ladies Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

marscindy

Spectator
The judges were very strict today, so I doubt they would let mao just get the triple axel ratified. it was clearly more than a double axel, and the link u gave was on a korean site..

Yeah, it is a korean site link. But the video is from Japanese broadcasting. Well...I watched it on live, so I'm sure the video doesn't have any problems.

Really do you think Mao did 2T? Then how about go to the hospital for your eyes?

It was just 1T.

And about her 3A...Anyway it is allowed as 3A. But she turns 180 on the ice before she jumps. So I don't like her 3A. If someone say her 3A is great, watch men's skating because they do full 3A. If her 3A is great it is not because of her 3A quality, it is just because she is a woman.

Last edited:

coconutpunch

Rinkside
But the video is from Japanese broadcasting. Well...I watched it on live, so I'm sure the video doesn't have any problems.

Really do you think Mao did 2T? Then how about go to the hospital for your eyes?
No kidding, since TV Asahi is the only broadcast station that is airing this as far as I know. Is NTV on Russian WebTV airing the WTT after all?

I already have reading glasses, and I had my last eye exam 2 months ago so I am in no hurry to go back to the optometrist, marscindy (I know we should just ignore trolls, but I couldn't resist...). :p

sunrock

Rinkside
I guess Koreans don't know how to count.:rofl:
Shoot! I guess that myth about all Koreans being good at math is finally busted.:laugh:
I'm Korean and I think people like TrueAndJutice are losers. Their broken Engrish is also annoying to read. TrueAndJutice? The moron forgot the 's'.
I sent him a PM in Korean and no reply.
Á¤¸» Çѱ¹»ç¶÷ ¸Â¾î? Is he really Korean? I honestly can't tell.

it is just because she is a woman.
If marscindy is a female, how sad is that? A woman being sexist against another woman.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am so happy for Mao to land that 3 axel. It looked effortles and it fits the music better than the 3/3.
I agree that Mao really needs to get at east one 3/3 consistent, but I think that if her triple axel is as good next year as it is this year she should use the triple axel combo in the short. If yu-na will win every event after the short again, mao needs it. But she also needs a 3/3 in the LP.

coconutpunch

Rinkside
A 3A combination in the SP?! You go girl! :rock:
Has that ever been done before?
Mao did a botched version of it back at Jr. Worlds 2006 (that time it was a 3A-1T). I'm pretty sure Tonya also landed a 3A during one her SP in 1991...can't remember though.

frozenhell

Rinkside
Why all these hoopla over Mao's score? It is unofficial and that's probably why judges handed out this score. They didn't need to worry about scott and sandra screaming "That 2T was UR by a mile":)

Trewyn

Medalist
Mao did a botched version of it back at Jr. Worlds 2006 (that time it was a 3A-1T). I'm pretty sure Tonya also landed a 3A during one her SP in 1991...can't remember though.

I think Tonya Harding landed a 3A-2T in her Skate America SP.

marscindy

Spectator
No kidding, since TV Asahi is the only broadcast station that is airing this as far as I know. Is NTV on Russian WebTV airing the WTT after all?

I already have reading glasses, and I had my last eye exam 2 months ago so I am in no hurry to go back to the optometrist, marscindy (I know we should just ignore trolls, but I couldn't resist...). :p

Can't you know? The video of the Korean site is from TV Asahi. And I watched it on live by internet. :D

Anyway I'm sure it was 1T. (I don't know I'm a troll. Are you a troll? :p)

Last edited:

marscindy

Spectator
Shoot! I guess that myth about all Koreans being good at math is finally busted.:laugh:
I'm Korean and I think people like TrueAndJutice are losers. Their broken Engrish is also annoying to read. TrueAndJutice? The moron forgot the 's'.
I sent him a PM in Korean and no reply.
Á¤¸» Çѱ¹»ç¶÷ ¸Â¾î? Is he really Korean? I honestly can't tell.

If marscindy is a female, how sad is that? A woman being sexist against another woman.

I'm sure men's 3A has good qualities because they are men. But Mao's 3A is not good. [It is not about men and women. It is about powers and skills.]

See men's 3A. And then see Mao's 3A. Men's 3A is full but Mao's 3A is just 3 turns because she turns 180 on the ice before she jumps. So I don't like her 3A and I don't think it is a great quailty.

Are you Korean? Who care?

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I'm sure men's 3A has good quality because they are men. But mao's 3A is not good quality actually. It is not about men and women. It is about power and skill.

See men's 3A. And then see Mao's 3A, Men's 3A is full. But mao's 3A is just 3 turns. So I don't like her 3A and I don't think it is a great quailty 3A.
I think you simply assume that. Some men have close to zero prerotation on their 3As (e.g. Ponsero, Voronov, Chan, Abbott too, I think). Note that some of those have big problems with their 3As, especially Chan and Abbott but Ponsero too at times. It's like Browning with the least prerotated Triple Lutz ever - but he rarely landed a clean one.

Others actually rotate quite a bit on the ice on their 3As, Joubert is an example (the 3A was his least favourite jump when he was younger) - Lysacek and Lambiel too. I think what Mao does is comparable to Joubert's technique. Of course Joubert's looks powerful, but if you study it with some turtle-slow-mo you can see that he prerotates about half a turn and cheats it nearly every time by a quarter turn.

I can add that with turtle-slow-mo even Weir's jumps are underrotated sometimes, and the 3-3 of Kim is also more a 3-2,5 - she always prerotates at least one quarter on the ice and underrotates just slightly less than one quarter. Her 3-3 is so well placed in the far end of the rink and she jumps it on a curve - so it's really hard to spot. It still looks great and I don't think that it should be downgraded, just like clean Axel from Joubert won't be downgraded in the future.

Last edited: