Real Time Team Standings | Golden Skate

Real Time Team Standings

Kozuka and Chan have handed it to the U.S. so far.

China will come up a little after pairs, but not enough to escape 6th place.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well the long programs are yet to come. Many things could change, especially in the men's & ladies.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pl. Name Nation Points Men Men Ladies Ladies Pairs Ice Dance
1 United States of America USA 58 11 8 9 8 10 12
2 Japan JPN 50 10 3 12 10 7 8
3 Canada CAN 48 7 4 11 6 9 11
4 Russia RUS 40 9 1 7 2 11 10
5 France FRA 40 12 6 4 1 8 9
6 China CHN 34 5 2 5 3 12 7

Thanks to a good performance by D&B and a sub par effort by D&D, the US extends its lead to 8 over Japan.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Final Standings:

Pl. Points Men Men Ladies Ladies Pairs Ice Dance
1 USA 60 12 8 10 9 9 12
2 CAN 54 9 7 11 6 10 11
3 JPN 50 10 5 12 8 7 8
4 FRA 37 11 3 3 2 8 10
5 RUS 35 6 1 7 1 11 9
6 CHN 34 4 2 5 4 12 7

I'm really not surprised the US won. Only two countries are capable of sending out competetive skaters in all four disciplines, and the US has better depth than Canada in singles.

The only real surprise is the French team ahead of Russia. They should probably split the extra 10,000 between Joubert and P/B, the only skaters who really contributed towards that ;).

Medusa

Record Breaker
The only real surprise is the French team ahead of Russia. They should probably split the extra 10,000 between Joubert and P/B, the only skaters who really contributed towards that ;).
And Russia was nearly overtaken by China, too! The Chinese Ladies outskated the Russian Ladies, the Chinese men only got one point less than the Russian men. What saved Russia from an even more dismal place behind a nation, that is nowadays only famous for its pair skating program, is that their dance team is better.

Danale

On the Ice
They should probably split the extra 10,000 between Joubert and P/B, the only skaters who really contributed towards that ;).
I'm thinkning the French Federation President (for 10000 I couldn't remember how to spell his name) will use the extra 10000 to get rid of Joubert's mom and hire him P/B's choreographer :biggrin:

Edited, I'm surprised (though happy) for Japan. I mean, like Franch they have only two relatively strong disciplines - the singles. and Takahashi was far from his best. I guess the depth there is bigger and the French ladies are really weak, ah?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm thinkning the French Federation President (for 10000 I couldn't remember how to spell his name) will use the extra 10000 to get rid of Joubert's mom and hire him P/B's choreographer :biggrin:
I doubt anybody can take on Raymonde Joubert and win, not even DG. As for choreo, I've heard it reported that Tarasova is a done deal and Joubert is going to Moscow next month. But Nathalie and Fabian are also in Moscow - maybe they can consult! :agree:

I'm surprised (though happy) for Japan. I mean, like Franch they have only two relatively strong disciplines - the singles. and Takahashi was far from his best. I guess the depth there is bigger and the French ladies are really weak, ah?
Tha gap between third and fourth was big, mostly because the French ladies are just not competitive. But you mean Kozuka, not Takahashi, right? I don't think Dai would risk his surgically repaired knee at this point.