Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophee Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Will she have to skate first? If it's based on ISU rankings like last year, I don't see how it can be otherwise, she can't possibly be ranked.
    She can't possibly get 2 Grand Prix events either.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    She can't possibly get 2 Grand Prix events either.
    I think the relevant loophole was established some time ago... and it doesn't change the fact that Sasha isn't ranked, and most everyone else present will be.

The FFSG, in its first TEB newsletter has just announced that 7000 school children will be there on Friday. As promised I just sent them an e-mail to tell them that although I agree with the initiative and think it's fantastic, the children ruin the competition. In consequence I asked them to save the first rows for the real fans, the ones who come from far and who turn their timetable upside-down to able to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    The FFSG, in its first TEB newsletter has just announced that 7000 school children will be there on Friday. As promised I just sent them an e-mail to tell them that although I agree with the initiative and think it's fantastic, the children ruin the competition. In consequence I asked them to save the first rows for the real fans, the ones who come from far and who turn their timetable upside-down to able to be there.
    I applaud the initiative in principal but 7000 kids? Where are the fans supposed to sit? I hope they'll realize that those actually paying should have some kind of precedence and do something like what you suggested.

I'm surprised they're bringing in so many children - I'd expect more interest in an Olympic year and with the field that's going to be competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I applaud the initiative in principal but 7000 kids? Where are the fans supposed to sit? I hope they'll realize that those actually paying should have some kind of precedence and do something like what you suggested.

I'm surprised they're bringing in so many children - I'd expect more interest in an Olympic year and with the field that's going to be competing.
    I'm just as surprised, seeing as last year there were "only" 5000. The thing is, Bercy has about 9000 seats, so there will be space left, but the problem is, to get a good seat, we'll have to be there 3 hours in advance. Like you said people spend fortunes to go there (granted, on Friday the ticket is just above 10€, but for people who aren't from Paris or even France, there are travel and accomodation costs). Plus some people take time off work (or skive lessons like me!) to go there. It's not just the money: its people like us that bring money to skating and encourage skaters. Would you like me to send you a copy of the e-mail I sent?

maybe ticket sales have been horribly slow and that's why they're stuffing the seats?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    maybe ticket sales have been horribly slow and that's why they're stuffing the seats?
    With the talent that's going to perform at TEB?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    7000 children??? To do what??Sing along in Joubs Lp?
    Or maybe that's cool, I ll bring my barbie also.

Down With It
    that's a huge crowd. Maybe it's a tactic to get the arena to look full during TV broadcasts. the TEB audience tends to be very quiet and sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    7000 children??? To do what??Sing along in Joubs Lp?
    Or maybe that's cool, I ll bring my barbie also.
    now, that is genius!

Rinkside
    Agreed that it's a good intiative, but 7000 seems like a large number. Anyway those are lucky kids, I wish my school would have brought me to see a skating competition.

My heart is torn between Yuna ans Sasha whom should I support!

Custom Title
    7000? gosh...

I'll spend a lot of money in accomodation, planes, etc. And will I have to fight with 7000 noisy kids?

Thank goodness I'll arrive to Paris early in the morning...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    I'll spend a lot of money in accomodation, planes, etc. And will I have to fight with 7000 noisy kids?
    Well, what are "school children"? Are they 7 years old, or are they 17?

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Well, what are "school children"? Are they 7 years old, or are they 17?
    Last year they were primary school children...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast