Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophee Eric Bompard

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    That's why you should come on Saturday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    there will be 6,000 kids on Friday rather than 7,000.
    Maybe the missing 1000 were fans of Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    That's why you should come on Saturday!!!:laugh
    That's not going to happen, sorry...

Maybe the missing 1000 were fans of Sasha
    Or maybe ticket sales were really good? I understand the kids will be leaving early, so that's something to look forward to.

Custom Title
    there will be 6,000 kids on Friday rather than 7,000. Which is slight improvement, I suppose .
    woooow, I feel really relieved now

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    woooow, I feel really relieved now
    Hey, I'll take what I can get! That's a 15% decrease...

VIVE LA BRIAN !!!!

I hope that he wins the entire competition

It's official: I'll be there on Friday.

All those who would like to be part of a get-together on Friday, please send me a message, so I'll try and organise things. Maybe I'll try and create a secret facebook group too, so it'll be easier, so also send me your pacebook pages.

Custom Title
    Well, it looks like Sasha's replacement has been found.

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1594

Custom Title

Tv

Will be broadcast the competition on EuroSport such last year???

Custom Title
    who is sasha's replacement? i couldn't open the link.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    who is sasha's replacement? i couldn't open the link.
    Elena Glebova

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Hi everyone.. I will be attending the TEB this year all the way from Turkey and this is my first live figure skating event. I have anly been to Paris once many years ago and I dont speak any french so I'm a little bit lost. I have a few questions and would highly appreciate it if anyone could give me some/any answers. Many thanks in advance..

1) We're staying in Pullman Bercy, I understand this is very close to the arena.. Is this correct? Is it within walking distance? Anyone know?
    2) I read somewhere that the arena is warm so I shouldn't stock up on jumpers?? Im scared of getting cold and catching a bout of swine flu.. How about the weather in Paris? I'm coming from 25 C degrees.
    3) I can only arrive around 14.30-15.00 on friday.. Does this mean I'll be watching the event on my feet cos the place will be filled up with children??? Should I not even bother?
    4) Lastly, anything to eat in the arena? or should I come with my stomach full?

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Hi everyone.. I will be attending the TEB this year all the way from Turkey and this is my first live figure skating event. I have anly been to Paris once many years ago and I dont speak any french so I'm a little bit lost. I have a few questions and would highly appreciate it if anyone could give me some/any answers. Many thanks in advance..

1) We're staying in Pullman Bercy, I understand this is very close to the arena.. Is this correct? Is it within walking distance? Anyone know?
    2) I read somewhere that the arena is warm so I shouldn't stock up on jumpers?? Im scared of getting cold and catching a bout of swine flu.. How about the weather in Paris? I'm coming from 25 C degrees.
    3) I can only arrive around 14.30-15.00 on friday.. Does this mean I'll be watching the event on my feet cos the place will be filled up with children??? Should I not even bother?
    Hi Schiele, and though I'm not a moderator/admin, welcome to GS! I'm also going to be at TEB, and like you, it will be my first skating competition. As you can see below, some of your questions have been answered in previous posts. As for the weather, last I checked the forecast for the coming days is partly cloudy with highs around 14c and lows near freezing.

I don't think you can get swine flu just because it's cold. Just don't let any sick-looking people sneeze on you!

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    It's not cold at all. I'd advise you to come in a light top - you'll be too hot in a jacket or thick jumper.
    Well if ice-dancing starts at 14:00, the gates open at 13:00. Either be there by 12:00 or just be very French and go in front of everyone when you arrive (at Bercy, there isn't really what you could call a "queue" anyway).
    Concerning the kids, last year, I can remeber that a bunch of them came only for the compuslaries (what's the point in that). It might be a good idea to come during the compulsaries and s soon as you see the kids leave just grab a seat.

Hi Schiele, and though I'm not a moderator/admin, welcome to GS! I'm also going to be at TEB, and like you, it will be my first skating competition. As you can see below, some of your questions have been answered in previous posts. As for the weather, last I checked the forecast for the coming days is partly cloudy with highs around 14c and lows near freezing.
    yea, Paris is a shocking cold city if you're accostumed to the Mediterranean weather. I suggest you to wear woollen undershirt and socks, the best way to prevent an head cold!

Custom Title
    The competition starts in 3 days. Some of the competitors must have started to straggle into Paris by now. ( I certainly would. ) Maybe we will start reading some practice reports.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    3)Does this mean I'll be watching the event on my feet cos the place will be filled up with children??? Should I not even bother?
    Or you can send a child to bring you food from far away and take its seat
    just be very French and go in front of everyone when you arrive
    i always thought that that was what greeks are best at, lol!
    Last edited by seniorita; 10-13-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast