Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Trophee Eric Bompard

Trewyn

Medalist
So; who's going to be there? We talked earlier this summer about possibly arranging to see the events together on Friday? Also; I was wondering if any of you will be staying in hostels; I'm in the process of booking a room myself, but maybe I could book a room/bed in a hostel where fellow skating fans are staying; it might be fun to travel to the arena together. (Actually I don't know Paris at all and I'm afraid I'll get lost ;) )
Feel free to PM me for fear of cluttering this thread!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
So; who's going to be there? We talked earlier this summer about possibly arranging to see the events together on Friday? Also; I was wondering if any of you will be staying in hostels; I'm in the process of booking a room myself, but maybe I could book a room/bed in a hostel where fellow skating fans are staying; it might be fun to travel to the arena together. (Actually I don't know Paris at all and I'm afraid I'll get lost ;) )
Feel free to PM me for fear of cluttering this thread!
I'm going to TEB with a friend - looks like it'll be Friday only, because we have other things to do in Paris (I know, what can be more important than skating? :p). I can't help with the hostel, but good luck with finding a good place! I think you're right that it may be better to do planning via PM, or maybe facebook.

Nathacha, have you heard anything from the FFSG about the proposed kiddie invasion?

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I'll be going on Saturday and Sunday for sure and probably Friday.

Buttercup, I'm afraid I haven't heard anything yet. I just hope that they take the problem into account.

It will be more practical via PMs to organise a get-together - we'll just see who's going first.

seniorita

Record Breaker
We go saturday all day and gala, have booked TEB tickets and thalys but not hostel yet..I m thinking either Marais area, St Germain or Montparnase, i know some hostels but i wait for last minute deals. I dont want to stay all day in Bercy, I think we ll watch men and I come back in ladies cause my friends are not so fan and will be bored.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the Palais is cold, like Torino's Palavela?
cold.gif

P.s. The cheapest hotel I know costs 36 euros for one night and it's not far from Bercy, PM me for more info :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'll be going on Saturday and Sunday for sure and probably Friday.

Buttercup, I'm afraid I haven't heard anything yet. I just hope that they take the problem into account.
I get the feeling some people will reconsider going on Friday because of this. And I'll end up alone with 7000 kids :eek:! I hope you will hear good news from the federation at some point.

Thanks for all the info and advice!

sigrid

On the Ice
I don't care about the 7000 kids, I'll be there the whole day and I'll cry more than them :biggrin:

Danale

On the Ice
I get the feeling some people will reconsider going on Friday because of this. And I'll end up alone with 7000 kids :eek:! I hope you will hear good news from the federation at some point.

Thanks for all the info and advice!

7000 kids and me :biggrin:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Over at FSUniverse, they are reporting that NBC will broadcast TEB with a tape delay on some events. :biggrin: :rock:

sigrid

On the Ice
How early should we get there to get a good seat?
I'll arrive to Paris at 9:30 AM, so If I wanna I can go to the ice rink like 3 hours before the competition starts :cool:

Congrats to those who can get NBC, for us, europeans, seems Eurosport won't show it :(
I hope teledeporte will broadcast at least TEB, CoR and GPF like they did the past years

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
How early should we get there to get a good seat? 7000 kids won't scare me away! ;)

Well if ice-dancing starts at 14:00, the gates open at 13:00. Either be there by 12:00 or just be very French and go in front of everyone when you arrive (at Bercy, there isn't really what you could call a "queue" anyway).

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Well if ice-dancing starts at 14:00, the gates open at 13:00. Either be there by 12:00 or just be very French and go in front of everyone when you arrive (at Bercy, there isn't really what you could call a "queue" anyway).
How many people should I expect to be ahead of me if I don't show up early? Because to tell the truth, I'm not that interested in seeing all the CDs, and my friend is probably even less interested - a few would be enough. What would happen if we showed up around 14:00 or even a bit later? Will the kids have taken over by then? Will we have to fight over decent seats with the people from FSU or the Brian Joubert forum? I guess not, because they'll be there early, wouldn't they... ;)

I think I wrote this before, but it'll be my first trip to Paris and I have so little time, I just don't want to spend any more of it in line than I absolutely have to :frown2:.