Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Trophee Eric Bompard

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
It's official: I'll be there on Friday.

All those who would like to be part of a get-together on Friday, please send me a message, so I'll try and organise things. Maybe I'll try and create a secret facebook group too, so it'll be easier, so also send me your pacebook pages.

schiele

Final Flight
Hi everyone.. I will be attending the TEB this year all the way from Turkey and this is my first live figure skating event. I have anly been to Paris once many years ago and I dont speak any french so I'm a little bit lost. I have a few questions and would highly appreciate it if anyone could give me some/any answers. Many thanks in advance..

1) We're staying in Pullman Bercy, I understand this is very close to the arena.. Is this correct? Is it within walking distance? Anyone know?
2) I read somewhere that the arena is warm so I shouldn't stock up on jumpers?? Im scared of getting cold and catching a bout of swine flu.. :) How about the weather in Paris? I'm coming from 25 C degrees.
3) I can only arrive around 14.30-15.00 on friday.. Does this mean I'll be watching the event on my feet cos the place will be filled up with children??? Should I not even bother?
4) Lastly, anything to eat in the arena? or should I come with my stomach full?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Hi everyone.. I will be attending the TEB this year all the way from Turkey and this is my first live figure skating event. I have anly been to Paris once many years ago and I dont speak any french so I'm a little bit lost. I have a few questions and would highly appreciate it if anyone could give me some/any answers. Many thanks in advance..

1) We're staying in Pullman Bercy, I understand this is very close to the arena.. Is this correct? Is it within walking distance? Anyone know?
2) I read somewhere that the arena is warm so I shouldn't stock up on jumpers?? Im scared of getting cold and catching a bout of swine flu.. :) How about the weather in Paris? I'm coming from 25 C degrees.
3) I can only arrive around 14.30-15.00 on friday.. Does this mean I'll be watching the event on my feet cos the place will be filled up with children??? Should I not even bother?
Hi Schiele, and though I'm not a moderator/admin, welcome to GS! I'm also going to be at TEB, and like you, it will be my first skating competition. As you can see below, some of your questions have been answered in previous posts. As for the weather, last I checked the forecast for the coming days is partly cloudy with highs around 14c and lows near freezing.

I don't think you can get swine flu just because it's cold. Just don't let any sick-looking people sneeze on you! :biggrin:

It's not cold at all. I'd advise you to come in a light top - you'll be too hot in a jacket or thick jumper.
Well if ice-dancing starts at 14:00, the gates open at 13:00. Either be there by 12:00 or just be very French and go in front of everyone when you arrive (at Bercy, there isn't really what you could call a "queue" anyway).
Concerning the kids, last year, I can remeber that a bunch of them came only for the compuslaries (what's the point in that). It might be a good idea to come during the compulsaries and s soon as you see the kids leave just grab a seat.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Hi Schiele, and though I'm not a moderator/admin, welcome to GS! I'm also going to be at TEB, and like you, it will be my first skating competition. As you can see below, some of your questions have been answered in previous posts. As for the weather, last I checked the forecast for the coming days is partly cloudy with highs around 14c and lows near freezing.

yea, Paris is a shocking cold city if you're accostumed to the Mediterranean weather. I suggest you to wear woollen undershirt and socks, the best way to prevent an head cold! :)

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
The competition starts in 3 days. Some of the competitors must have started to straggle into Paris by now. ( I certainly would. ) Maybe we will start reading some practice reports.

seniorita

Record Breaker
3)Does this mean I'll be watching the event on my feet cos the place will be filled up with children??? Should I not even bother?

Or you can send a child to bring you food from far away and take its seat:biggrin:
just be very French and go in front of everyone when you arrive
i always thought that that was what greeks are best at, lol!

Last edited:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Does anyone know where I can watch TEB live online?
Hi! :)
The whole event will be available live on Web TV, NTV+ Sport http://www.rutelevision.com/index-en.asp
As usual, it's free for 3 days. Just download the player and enter your name and address - of course before the competition and not now, otherwise you miss the free streaming of TEB

The channels are: NTV PLUS Sport (НТВ-ПЛЮС Спорт) and NTV Plus Sport Online (НТВ-ПЛЮС Спорт Онлайн)

p.s. Nice avatar. Go Miki!

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Hi! :)
The whole event will be available live on Web TV, NTV+ Sport http://www.rutelevision.com/index-en.asp
As usual, it's free for 3 days. Just download the player and enter your name and address - of course before the competition and not now, otherwise you miss the free streaming of TEB

The channels are: NTV PLUS Sport (НТВ-ПЛЮС Спорт) and NTV Plus Sport Online (НТВ-ПЛЮС Спорт Онлайн)

p.s. Nice avatar. Go Miki!

If Universal sports is having it live, they typically stream it on their website as well:

http://www.universalsports.com/EPG/tv.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&SPID=13408

Or it shows up there later.

Thank you both of you!

^.^

And thank you, GiuliaPlum!

:biggrin:

R.D.

Record Breaker
If Universal sports is having it live, they typically stream it on their website as well:

http://www.universalsports.com/EPG/tv.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&SPID=13408

Or it shows up there later.

Since Ice Network has live coverage via their paid subscription, I'd be REALLY surprised if US has any live online coverage- I don't think they'd be allowed to just due to the nature of things, e.g. a free alternative. I think the highlight there is their TV coverage, and the additional TV coverage on NBC.

ETA: US *might* have on-demand online coverage, though.

Last edited: