Ladies' LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

Medusa

Record Breaker
The princess of all princesses out there
Triple Flip - Triple Toe - that looked really rotated, and it was! They can't downgrade that, it was flawless!
Triple Lutz - Double Toe - looked very clean too
Double Axel - okay
Sitspin - good speed and centering
Combination spin - nice speed, good positions
Triple Flip - good
Spiral Sequence - exquisite
Triple Rittberger - nice
Triple Salchow - bit of telegraphing but clean
Triple Rittberger - 2 Toeloop - 2 - good
Circular Steps - looking good
Layback spin - excellent

She has to mulekick someone off the podium with that...

Score: 116,80 - SB and PB apparently!

coconutpunch

Rinkside
Maybe it's just me, but did CaroZ go "Finally!" at her score?

Ouch, Miki. Attempted quad ended up as a double with a fall...

Oscilla

On the Ice
Ouch, looks like Miki re-injured herself during the fall. :( She's holding her shoulder... Good job on not completely falling apart after that. :thumbsup:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Miki Ando
Triple Lutz - Double Loop - good
Attempt of Quad Salchow - only double, bad fall
missed a clean Triple jump
Combination spin - good speed, decent positions
Spiral Sequence - alright
Triple Rittberger - good
missed some parts, my mother disturbed me
Double Axel - 2 - good
Great footwork
Combination spin - very nice

I am still impressed that she managed to fix her spins. They look so much better now. How much was she in front of Zhang? Some of those doubles should be downgraded, I think it's a concentration thing, she probably can do that very clean.

Score: 105.44, Zhang mulekicked herself on the podium!

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Caroline medals!
dancing.gif

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Zhang mulekicked herself on the podium!
There is no individual podium... But I think we can now safely project the final team standings:
1. USA
2. Canada
3. Japan
4. France
5. Russia
6. China

I knew the Americans would win. They have more depth than the Canadians and are actually competetive in all four disciplines, unlike everyone else.

Oh, and well done to Caroline and Rachael. Now, ladies, please get some interesting music for next year.

Oscilla

On the Ice
Such a shame. She should have gone for 2A-3T instead of 4S. Her score was so much higher at Worlds even with downgraded 3L.The quad is just too risky.

Her spins really improved this season!

Too bad, I rooted for Japan. With Miki 2nd and Kozuka a bit higher they could have easily get a better placement...

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Joannie Rochette
Triple Lutz - fall-out
Triple Flip - clean and high
Triple Rittberger - very nice and clean
Sitspin - alright
Upright spin - okay
Triple Lutz - Double Toe - Double Loop - clean
Triple Toeloop - Triple Salchow - a bit shaky
Footwork - okay
Double Axel - nice
Triple Salchow - nice
Combination spin - okay

I am never going to be her biggest fan, but she has a nice quality over the ice. Great consistency too, this season. I like her fully rotated jumps, there is barely no underrotation, not even 1/8 or anything like that.

Score: 120,08

My web-tv is out again.

Oscilla

On the Ice
wow, ando behind zhang AND flatt....who knew?

Well, you've got to land your jumps, and after the hard fall Miki visibly struggled. I doubt anybody predicted Mao in 4th place at Worlds, or Kozuka placing so low here. At least Miki got the highest PCS so far...

bekalc

Record Breaker
wow, ando behind zhang AND flatt....who knew?

Miki is inconsistent. Zhang and Flatt are fairly consistent. It's not THAT surprising. Miki's definetly better but she's got to land the jumps. And sometimes she doesn't.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
OK, I know Caroline is slow and has a mule-kick, but should Joannie really have been almost 9 points ahead of her on PCS? I mean, Joannie is a good skater but she's not blowing anyone away like Yu-Na Kim. Is 7.90 for interpretation warranted? Any thoughts from those of you who are actually watching?

BTW, both Caroline and Rachael beat Joannie on TES.

Oscilla

On the Ice
Miki is inconsistent.

I think she's extremely consistent if we consider her injuries. Many skaters would not be able to skate nearly as well as she does when bothered by lesser injuries. Some fall apart because of a cold. I'm always impressed how quickly Miki is able to recover. At Japanese Nationals she was thinking of withdrawing and could not even jump in the Gala, but she delivered great, clean skates at Worlds and looked really strong in the practices and in the SP here... And her LP wasn't that bad, considering the fact that she probably skated in pain.