Ladies' LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
CONGRATULATIONS, USA TEAM!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:
I am very proud of Caroline and Rachael. :rock::rock:I hope USFSA is going to send these two to Vancouver. I can not think of anyone else!!

frozenhell

Rinkside
I wonder whether judges learned that scores will be official only after SP. As someone mentioned, 3 judges gave either 0 or+1 to joannie's two footed lutz combo and Mao got 2.0 for her 2A and level 4 for her step seq, which simply won't happen in GPF or world championship.
Judges suddenly seemed to realize they can't hand out scores like santa clause.

R.D.

Record Breaker
CONGRATULATIONS, USA TEAM!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:
I am very proud of Caroline and Rachael. :rock::rock:I hope USFSA is going to send these two to Vancouver. I can not think of anyone else!!

So am I, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This was simply a fluff competition where the skaters could go all out with little consequence. A lot of stuff can happen in the fall...I'm not ready to count out a couple of the other Americans (particularly Nagasu)

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
And how tall is she these days? Her legs are so long. Compare that to Junior Worlds 2005 or even Worlds 2007. Amazing that the Triple Axel hasn't eluded her because of the growth spurt.

Mao is 5'4. It's actually surprising to see Mao with long legs and at 5'4. That's the avg. height for their men! I think Rafael was responsible for Mao being able to keep her axel through her growth spurt. Heck, even MK during her Bolero period was jumping higher thanks to him. Of course with a bad hip, sometimes it didn't look like it.

ETA: I love her dress! I can't get over it.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
So am I, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This was simply a fluff competition where the skaters could go all out with little consequence. A lot of stuff can happen in the fall...I'm not ready to count out a couple of the other Americans (particularly Nagasu)

I totally agree with you. We can not forget about Mirai. I am just so excited about these young American ladies. They are only 16years old! I feel that they are going to be our future skating stars!! :love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure the average height for the Japanese male is 5'7", not 5'4"... :unsure:
Oda is 164cm, and that's not tall. Kozuka is 170cm, that's a bit taller. Takahashi's bio says 165cm, Nanri's too. Mura is 5 feet 6, as is Takeshi Honda. So Kozuka is actually 5 feet 7, the others aren't.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Oda is 164cm, and that's not tall. Kozuka is 170cm, that's a bit taller. Takahashi's bio says 165cm, Nanri's too. Mura is 5 feet 6, as is Takeshi Honda. So Kozuka is actually 5 feet 7, the others aren't.

Well, male figure skaters are generally shorter than the average male I would suppose. But Mao and Yu-Na are both on the tall side for Asian women.

Why did Mao's gorgeous dress only appear so late in the season?:scratch:

coconutpunch

Rinkside
www.pure-supplement.com/shintyo/002.html

It's a bit like male gymnasts - male skaters tend to be shorter than those of average height, at least in Japan (I don't even know why we are using male skaters of all people to use for the comparison anyway). That said, Mao is considerably taller than the average Japanese woman, which will be around 158 cm.

As for the dress...Mao does have a tend to change them near the end of the season (especially into something RED). :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I totally agree with you. We can not forget about Mirai. I am just so excited about these young American ladies. They are only 16years old! I feel that they are going to be our future skating stars!! :love:

Let's hope!

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure the average height for the Japanese male is 5'7", not 5'4"... :unsure:

I know it sounds strange but I'm pretty sure it is. For women, I believe it's about 5'0. The Japanese aren't very tall to begin with, now the Korean men are much taller in comparison. Mao is taller than most of their female pop stars.

Joannie is only 5'2 and Yu-na is 5'3. The 4CC podium is incidentally size order. :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
What I would have given for this to happen at worlds. Caroline really kicked butt and I can tell she has been working really hard trying to prove she belongs on the world team next year. Good showing by both american girls!

I am so happy Mao got to 200!:love:
way to come back after worlds.

viv

On the Ice
Was there any information in Japanese media (or elsewhere), wether Mikis shoulder injury is serious or not? Hope she is doing well... :cool:

Okami

On the Ice
Was there any information in Japanese media (or elsewhere), wether Mikis shoulder injury is serious or not? Hope she is doing well... :cool:

The commentators said that Miki fell hard in the practice and her shoulder started to give her trouble again. Nikolai Morozov told her not to attempt the quad in the LP, but she didn't want to disappoint her fans and went for it anyway. The hard fall made it worse. :(

There was no information whether it's really serious - I guess we'll see in the Gala. I hope Miki's fine. :bow: I agree that she should give the quad up for now - it looks great in the practices, but she doesn't need it (3-3T combo would work better for her) and the falls just ruin her condition. She looked so fine at Worlds and in the SP; she could have easily placed 2nd if only she stuck to the jump layout from Worlds.

Mao was great! It was great to watch her performance with Tatiana's commentary (it's available at Mao's fan forum). In spite of still struggling with jumps she really pulled it together. TAT sounded really happy - and she blamed herself for Mao's poor showing at Worlds, saying that she didn't give Mao enought time to acclimatize. And both the Russian commentators had a good laugh at Nobu's "wow" expression when Mao landed her axels. :biggrin:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mao was great! It was great to watch her performance with Tatiana's commentary (it's available at Mao's fan forum). In spite of still struggling with jumps she really pulled it together. TAT sounded really happy - and she blamed herself for Mao's poor showing at Worlds, saying that she didn't give Mao enought time to acclimatize.

For her sake, good thing it happened there, so she knows better for the Olympics, no?

Still, I can't imagine the pressure that will be on her and Kim Yu Na. We'll see what kind of competitors they really are.

From the yutubes, I was most impressed with Flatt. She was mimicking the speed of YuNa for her many opening jumps - a bit slower for the ones in the latter half off the program but still there and complete.

Her footwork is quite clear and above average but her spins could use a little more speed and effort in presentation. All and all, she's a grown-up lady now, and should definitely be one of the choices of the USFS to send to the Olympics.