Ladies' LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

evangeline

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mao, Joannie and Caroline!

*sigh* I wish Mao skated like this at Worlds, though...she would definitely have challenged Yu-Na for the gold in an epic Clash of the Titans-style event.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Asada got two jumps downgraded, the second Triple Axel and the second Triple Flip. Imagine a score without those downgrades. She pocketed nearly 10 points for the first Triple Axel.

Rochette got the Triple Salchow downgraded, I thought it looked iffy...

Flatt got downgraded twice, plus two big edge calls on her lutzes, that costs points.

Zhang got just one edge call on the Lutz, a tiny minus GOE on the Axel and the last combo.

coconutpunch

Rinkside
Well, time to wait for the TV Asahi broadcast then, just to wait for what Mao cooked up.. :indiff:

(none of the ladies had a "clean" protocol - there was at least one "e" or "!" or "<," and Cynthia's last spin wasn't counted).

jaws12345

Match Penalty
All the scores from this competition, including Asada's, are official and updated in the ISU site. Well, congratulations to her and Japan Skating Feds. Mission accomplished; they got their Miracle Mao back. I hope she and Yu-Na Kim keep it up and go head to head at the GPF. Fireworks please.

Last edited:

Oscilla

On the Ice
Someone please post Mao's FS!

WebTV's erver crashed just before Mao's performance, so I doubt anyone managed to record it. We'll have to wait for the TVAsahi broadcast... which has just started, so hpefully Mao's LP will be up in an hour or so.

They just showed the warm-up and Mao looked somewhat tired and struggled with 3L (step-out) and 3F (doubled)... It's impressive that she managed to hold it together during the actual performance. :rock:

She looked so happy after she was done skating: :)
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aIbfJQ5K7g3p/750x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06gD082eXke27/750x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aIbfJQ5K7g3p/750x.jpg

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I just saw the results. Congratulations to the American team !! :clap:

... and to Caroline ........ the TOP AMERICAN LADY !!!!!! :rock:

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
You can watch the whole thing as a recorded show on web-tv. I had no idea. So I finally saw Asada.

I love her footwork sequence, I think it's amazing. It's a lot less generic than most of the girls, she doesn's slap the ice twice or anything like that. Very stylish, very reserved - at the same time extremely difficult. Suits the music and her.

In realtime the underrotation on the Triple Flip wasn't obvious at all, a bit like Kim's underrotated Lutz at 4CC - but if you give it a Turtle slowmo it's definitely cheated by one third perhaps.

And how tall is she these days? Her legs are so long. Compare that to Junior Worlds 2005 or even Worlds 2007. Amazing that the Triple Axel hasn't eluded her because of the growth spurt.

Andalusia

Final Flight
I just had a look at the protocols, and Caroline received a Level 2 for one of her spins. That is just totally unnecessary; her spins are her forte, so she could've had a higher score had she held the revolutions and what not.

And it is just very infuriating that Miki feels she needs a quad sal. It's as if Mao has a 3A, so she needs a quad in order to be on par with her. The quad will never be consistent for Miki, so she should just drop it if she doesn't want to further aggravate the injuries she already has. Miki has an advantage in that she can do all the jumps with proper technique, so if she were to drop 3R combos and do 3Ts instead, coupled with maximizing her jump layout, she could be very competitive with both Yu-Na and Mao.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Thanks, but the video has been removed by the user. :)

I guess since the TV Asahi broadcast has probably only just ended, it'll take some time before we get those sparkling clear HD videos of the ladies' LPs.
Wow, this user removed the clip so quickly. So sorry.