Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

Custom Title
    I just saw the results. Congratulations to the American team !!

... and to Caroline ........ the TOP AMERICAN LADY !!!!!!
    Last edited by PolymerBob; 04-18-2009 at 07:42 AM.

You can watch the whole thing as a recorded show on web-tv. I had no idea. So I finally saw Asada.

I love her footwork sequence, I think it's amazing. It's a lot less generic than most of the girls, she doesn's slap the ice twice or anything like that. Very stylish, very reserved - at the same time extremely difficult. Suits the music and her.

In realtime the underrotation on the Triple Flip wasn't obvious at all, a bit like Kim's underrotated Lutz at 4CC - but if you give it a Turtle slowmo it's definitely cheated by one third perhaps.

And how tall is she these days? Her legs are so long. Compare that to Junior Worlds 2005 or even Worlds 2007. Amazing that the Triple Axel hasn't eluded her because of the growth spurt.

Custom Title
    I just had a look at the protocols, and Caroline received a Level 2 for one of her spins. That is just totally unnecessary; her spins are her forte, so she could've had a higher score had she held the revolutions and what not.

And it is just very infuriating that Miki feels she needs a quad sal. It's as if Mao has a 3A, so she needs a quad in order to be on par with her. The quad will never be consistent for Miki, so she should just drop it if she doesn't want to further aggravate the injuries she already has. Miki has an advantage in that she can do all the jumps with proper technique, so if she were to drop 3R combos and do 3Ts instead, coupled with maximizing her jump layout, she could be very competitive with both Yu-Na and Mao.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Someone please post Mao's FS!
    Here you are. Is it too late? Sorry the quality is not high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwzQ...eature=channel

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Here you are. Is it too late? Sorry the quality is not high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwzQ...eature=channel
    Thanks, but the video has been removed by the user.

I guess since the TV Asahi broadcast has probably only just ended, it'll take some time before we get those sparkling clear HD videos of the ladies' LPs.

Custom Title
    Are there any podium pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Thanks, but the video has been removed by the user.

I guess since the TV Asahi broadcast has probably only just ended, it'll take some time before we get those sparkling clear HD videos of the ladies' LPs.
    Wow, this user removed the clip so quickly. So sorry.

Eien.
    the judging here was fierce. lots of ur calls and edge calls. grats mao on 200+ points =D.

Custom Title
    Also Mao, Rachel mulekicks also--a bit better than Caroline but not much

Eien.
    So it seems that these scores are counted

Custom Title
    CONGRATULATIONS, USA TEAM!!!!!
    I am very proud of Caroline and Rachael. I hope USFSA is going to send these two to Vancouver. I can not think of anyone else!!

Eien.
    Olympics just got interesting with Mao's score....

Tripping on the Podium
    I wonder whether judges learned that scores will be official only after SP. As someone mentioned, 3 judges gave either 0 or+1 to joannie's two footed lutz combo and Mao got 2.0 for her 2A and level 4 for her step seq, which simply won't happen in GPF or world championship.
    Judges suddenly seemed to realize they can't hand out scores like santa clause.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS, USA TEAM!!!!!
    I am very proud of Caroline and Rachael. I hope USFSA is going to send these two to Vancouver. I can not think of anyone else!!
    So am I, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This was simply a fluff competition where the skaters could go all out with little consequence. A lot of stuff can happen in the fall...I'm not ready to count out a couple of the other Americans (particularly Nagasu)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast