Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dube and Davison injured at WTT

Rinkside

Dube and Davison injured at WTT

see announcement.

http://www.skatetoday.com/

Oh no, not another injury! I wish Jessica and Bryce a full recovery.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Poor Jessica, that sounds like an awful fall! Was she conscious when they got her off the ice?

Oh, no!

What a freak accident. Jessica hits Bryce in the eye with her elbow, he blacks out and could not catch her. I hope they both recover soon.

Custom Title
    Ouch! That sounds very nasty.
    I hope they recover very soon.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    that sounds terrible. I can't help but wonder if she can skate with him without doubt. they have had several nasty accidents already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    that sounds terrible. I can't help but wonder if she can skate with him without doubt. they have had several nasty accidents already.
    I don't think there is a trust issue there. In all the fluff pieces I've seen they seem to have a wonderful and trusting relationship. In their last two big accidents they both made errors, not just one person. In the flying camel accident they both travelled and in this one she hit him in the eye and therefore he couldn't catch her. Wishing them all the best for next season!

Banned
    Poore Jess... I hope she will not skate with him anymore.
    You talk - they trust to each other, but how she could trust him if he drop her from the lift, this accident during soin and now - with twist. I think patner must be more carefull with his girl.

Even if this was totally accidental and it wasn't Bryce's fault whatsoever, If I was Jessica...I couldn't help but have atleast SOME doubt about their skating together. I'd of course brush it off, and pretend I didnt...but deep down I would. =/

Quote Originally Posted by pista04 View Post
    Even if this was totally accidental and it wasn't Bryce's fault whatsoever, If I was Jessica...I couldn't help but have atleast SOME doubt about their skating together. I'd of course brush it off, and pretend I didnt...but deep down I would. =/
    Well then you would have to apply this thinking to almost every female pairs skater. The vast majority of them have been dropped or fallen hard to the ice from a lift. This is just part of the sport.

good point. I guess I can't really psychoanalyze her without being a female pairs skater. lol.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-ska...am+worlds+gala

Sounds like they are both fine! Thank goodness!

It does not sound bad from the article, seems so dramatic when it's Jessica though... whoa

Can't say any more than I hope they are both "clear" of this and heathy.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Well, these types of falls do go with the territory. I am sure they are both shaken up, but are both strong skaters in their own right and they do have a strong partnership. Pair skating is dangerous. I hope they recover soon and can put this behind them.

Custom Title
    They have been having their personal problems this season, and it has affected their on-ice "chemistry" which doesn't seem to be there any more. Their trust in one another may have eroded a little as well.

I think these two have to find a way to re-establish a connection, even if it is only at a partnership (rather than a personal) level, and start over from there. They must be able to trust one another, or for them to continue to skate together would become too dangerous for both of them.

JMHO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast