Dube and Davison injured at WTT | Golden Skate

Dube and Davison injured at WTT

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What a freak accident. Jessica hits Bryce in the eye with her elbow, he blacks out and could not catch her. I hope they both recover soon.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
that sounds terrible. I can't help but wonder if she can skate with him without doubt. they have had several nasty accidents already.

i love to skate

Medalist
that sounds terrible. I can't help but wonder if she can skate with him without doubt. they have had several nasty accidents already.

I don't think there is a trust issue there. In all the fluff pieces I've seen they seem to have a wonderful and trusting relationship. In their last two big accidents they both made errors, not just one person. In the flying camel accident they both travelled and in this one she hit him in the eye and therefore he couldn't catch her. Wishing them all the best for next season!

npa

Match Penalty
Poore Jess... I hope she will not skate with him anymore.
You talk - they trust to each other, but how she could trust him if he drop her from the lift, this accident during soin and now - with twist. I think patner must be more carefull with his girl.

pista04

On the Ice
Even if this was totally accidental and it wasn't Bryce's fault whatsoever, If I was Jessica...I couldn't help but have atleast SOME doubt about their skating together. I'd of course brush it off, and pretend I didnt...but deep down I would. =/

i love to skate

Medalist
Even if this was totally accidental and it wasn't Bryce's fault whatsoever, If I was Jessica...I couldn't help but have atleast SOME doubt about their skating together. I'd of course brush it off, and pretend I didnt...but deep down I would. =/

Well then you would have to apply this thinking to almost every female pairs skater. The vast majority of them have been dropped or fallen hard to the ice from a lift. This is just part of the sport.

pista04

On the Ice
good point. I guess I can't really psychoanalyze her without being a female pairs skater. lol.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It does not sound bad from the article, seems so dramatic when it's Jessica though... whoa

Can't say any more than I hope they are both "clear" of this and heathy.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, these types of falls do go with the territory. I am sure they are both shaken up, but are both strong skaters in their own right and they do have a strong partnership. Pair skating is dangerous. I hope they recover soon and can put this behind them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They have been having their personal problems this season, and it has affected their on-ice "chemistry" which doesn't seem to be there any more. Their trust in one another may have eroded a little as well.

I think these two have to find a way to re-establish a connection, even if it is only at a partnership (rather than a personal) level, and start over from there. They must be able to trust one another, or for them to continue to skate together would become too dangerous for both of them.

JMHO.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Poore Jess... I hope she will not skate with him anymore.
You talk - they trust to each other, but how she could trust him if he drop her from the lift, this accident during soin and now - with twist. I think patner must be more carefull with his girl.

Yeah let me slam you in the eye and see how well you can lift something while you are blacking out. Good job. :thumbsup:

Mafke

Medalist
I've always found this pair scary because of some basic (lack of proper) technique issues. If I see a thread title "pairs accident" I would automatically think of them.

Also, apparently there are interpersonal trust issues as well (short hearsay version: they were a couple, split, she started dating a mutal friend and he reacted badly).

poor technique + lack of trust = disaster waiting to happen

I think they should call it a day and find new partners (and he needs to strenghthen up somewhat and they both need work on basic pairs technique).

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^ If there really is a rift, maybe they should split up. But if they want to compete in Vancouver, I doubt that is an option for now.

Did anyone see a video of the accident? The news reports all say she fell while they were doing a triple twist during the Gala, but don't they usually perform a triple twist for competitions and only a double twist for exhibitions?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I saw it. It was quite eerie. The arena was very dark, and they were skating to some song which starts out, "When you try your best, but you don't succeed" The twist was the first real trick in the program. It was either a severely over rotated double or a severely underrotated triple.