Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gala

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    I only watched Stephane so far-he was so gorgeous!
    What an awesome perfomance, he is one of the few who can really interprete a tango! and that footwork was so amazing
    I miss him sooo much!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    he was so gorgeous!
    What an awesome perfomance, he is one of the few who can really interprete a tango! and that footwork was so amazing
    I miss him sooo much!
    I can't agree more here

I like both Caroline and Rachel's looks in the gala, the hair styles suits them better here. Is that a new spin postion at 3- 3'04 in Caroline's gala youtube clip?

Quote Originally Posted by tilak View Post
    Wow, Stephane was fabulous !!!
    and there is no one who can come close when just scoring for musicality. It's not just ballet-like. It's total Dance on Ice.

Oh, would I love to see him show up in Vancouver.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    I can't agree more here

I like both Caroline and Rachel's looks in the gala, the hair styles suits them better here. Is that a new spin postion at 3- 3'04 in Caroline's gala youtube clip?
    no...she's done that elsewhere...

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    I absolutely loved Rachael's EX, especially the footwork section and the Ina Bauer that went right with the music. Did she really choreograph that program by herself!? I also love Caroline's spiral sequence in her EX more than the one she does in her competitive program. Does anyone else know why she doesn't include the forward charlotte section in her SP and LP, I feel like she'd get better GOE's (Not like she doesn't get good GOE's on her spirals to begin with).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    I absolutely loved Rachael's EX, especially the footwork section and the Ina Bauer that went right with the music. Did she really choreograph that program by herself!? I also love Caroline's spiral sequence in her EX more than the one she does in her competitive program. Does anyone else know why she doesn't include the forward charlotte section in her SP and LP, I feel like she'd get better GOE's (Not like she doesn't get good GOE's on her spirals to begin with).
    Loved Rachael's Ina Bauer, too. If she did do the choreography herself, I'm impressed. I can't stand Nicole Kidman's voice, or I'd be into her exhibition a little more.

As for Caroline's Charlotte, maybe she's practicing it for use next season? Who knows, we might see the new spin variation, too. What impresses me about her spiral in exhibitions is that the free leg is held steadily and is perfectly vertical, the CoE is smooth, and she attains almost Kwan-like speed...I don't know why she can't do it like that in competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by caaather View Post
    no...she's done that elsewhere...
    I mean the one spin position that her left arm holding her left leg up like a vertical catch-foot spiral, but kept spinning in that position. I've never seen that from anyone before. Does anyone here see this spin position before? If it's a new variation, that's really nice to see

Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    I mean the one spin position that her left arm holding her left leg up like a vertical catch-foot spiral, but kept spinning in that position. I've never seen that from anyone before. Does anyone here see this spin position before? If it's a new variation, that's really nice to see
    She's done it in her On My Own program at Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular right before Nationals and also in her River EX at Nationals. Other than that, it is new for her.

Custom Title
    "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by U.S. Figure Skating"

Quote Originally Posted by toasty_swirlz View Post
    just found caroline's gala, don't know if it's already posted elsewhere, but i don't see it so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQICNfKX_g

I wonder how the USFSA obtained copyright to this show. Did they purchase the rights from the Japanese television network?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I wonder how the USFSA obtained copyright to this show. Did they purchase the rights from the Japanese television network?
    Icenetwork will be showing all of the competition and the gala. So I assume they did buy the rights.

Custom Title
    Here we see some very nice pictures, apparently taken by a Japanese fan. Enjoy them before they are removed.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/8e9UA...ophy+2009+Gala

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    She's done it in her On My Own program at Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular right before Nationals and also in her River EX at Nationals. Other than that, it is new for her.
    Thanks!

Custom Title
    These photos were taken by professional photographer and commissioned by gettyimages agency. No they will not be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Here we see some very nice pictures, apparently taken by a Japanese fan. Enjoy them before they are removed.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/8e9UA...ophy+2009+Gala

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Yup....Rachael choreographed the program herself. She retired her Respect program following Worlds, and had just over a week to find something new. Awesome job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2