Thread: ISU changes the OLY 2010 number of judges

Tripping on the Podium

ISU changes the OLY 2010 number of judges

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I would love to see the statistical study George Rossano is citing that judging is no better now than it was when the new judging system was introduced.

Custom Title
    to me still can cheat--the changes of judges from short to long is good, however who to say they don't end up with the same country judge like canda has 2 on the long.

Also that still Leaves the Same 5 Judges from the short--in other words still can cheat/make deals/ downgraded the skaters they want/upgrade others, give bump to canadians due to ISu president david dore-canadian./held in canada--you know the same old politics cycle/etc.
    the more they try to change to more it stays the same, but it is hidden better.(cheating)

Custom Title
    It's a good news for Rochette and Chan
    But bad news for the rest

I hope the level of judging will be around the same as 2007 Worlds...
    2008 was too strict ( downgrades, wrong edge etc. scores were pretty low ) and 2009 was way too nice ( uses of ' ! ' and some skaters got huge program components for not too great performances )

I don't want to see mens winning score to be 270+ or under 230... Around 245 will be fun to watch!

For the ladies, I would hate to see some skaters ( Yu-Na, Mao, Rochette and Ando ) getting 220+ or even 230+!!!! ( It's pretty possible if skaters are over-marked ) ( 3.0 GOE, Lvl 4 spins, 70+ PCS ) Around 200 is plenty!!!! I'd hate if the winning score is under 190 too though!!

Even if the performance is absolutely amazing, I still think people can be over-marked or under-marked...

With less judges GOE and program components will increase so much, or decreases... 3.0 GOE might happen more often too