Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Evan Lysacek

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

sillylionlove

Medalist
I have to go with Witt on this one...who could forget the battle of the Carmens...and she did win a gold medal!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I chose Evan, though thats just how I feel today... Witt's was fantastic as well...

but Evan's Carmen was fab from Nationals 06 - Nationals 07... that was just a perfect program for him.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Between Witt, Plushenko, and Lysacek, I chose Plushenko. Witt was Carmen, and she won Olympic on that one. No doubt that she was the best. But her costume and make up bothered me. Besides, I don't like the Carmen in the Carmen. I prefer the bullfighter Plushenko gave. All Lysacek's skating hadn't moved me much. I don't know the rest of the Carmen listed.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I voted for Katerina but I think its based more on her performance in the film that also starred Brian Orser & Brian Boitano. She was the perfect "on ice" Carmen. Not just the skating & music interpretation but also the facial expressions & body language.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Katarina Witt. Fumie's carmen fantasie was so unique and well-choreographed as well.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I would say Kwan's Carmen SP from the 98-99 season and Ando's Carmen LP from the 07-08 season.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I voted for Katarina, because of the way she performed the heck out of that music.

When I first watched Katarina's performance of Carmen a few years back, I wasn't terribly impressed. But when I re-watched it recently (after experiencing countless other--mostly mediocre--Carmen programs), I appreciated it much more. Katarina really made the music her own, IMO.