Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Olympic judging changes ( 5 judge results)

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I simply don't get why M/T can't clean up their twist. With K/S I get it, it's probably a mixture of his lack of experience and her lack of extension. But M/T got great height on it, really good height, she looks gorgeous in the air - but somehow their landing on it is always bumpy. I mean, there should be something they could about that. Because then their twist would get more points than the one of Aliona and Robin.
    She does look great in the air. I especially love her hand position when they do their triple twist in the SP.
    http://www.daylife.com/photo/0dpA2416eN8zt?q=trankov

It could also be a lack of experience with them. They've only started putting in a triple twist in the 07-08 season. That's about the same time as K/S. The height they get is almost as good as the Chinese. But the catch is never good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I simply don't get why M/T can't clean up their twist. With K/S I get it, it's probably a mixture of his lack of experience and her lack of extension. But M/T got great height on it, really good height, she looks gorgeous in the air - but somehow their landing on it is always bumpy. I mean, there should be something they could about that.
    Well, Berezhnaya always got great height and had one of the most spectacular double twists ever, but she always had trouble rotating the triple.

On the Ice
    Didn´t Yagoudin used to do also a strange combination sequence, I can´t remember at all what was it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7