So why don't we have a video game? | Golden Skate

So why don't we have a video game?

Spirit

On the Ice
Football, baseball, basketball, tennis...they all have video games based on them, with incredible graphics and movement. Some of them even have the likenesses of real people so you can play as your favorite athlete.

So when does figure skating get its video game?

Players could choose from a set of pre-programmed music or add their own, write their own choreography, and skate away!

They could do pairs and ice dance, too, not just singles.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan also had a video game that some bought. It was pretty good as a time consumer and it was fun to download midis from the internet and create programs similar to real ones.

I'm a huge video game fan and I always had so many ideas for a video game based on figure skating. However, some of my ideas are probably impossible, and no company would want to spend a lot of money to make a great figure skating video game.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Figure Skating is not "mainstream" enough for the general public. I do have a softwear pkg. endorsed by Michelle Kwan. I know it's for Kids - but I bought it anyway!

Anyway, there you go - there is a market waiting for someone to discover. That's how people become rich and famous!

blurrysarah

On the Ice
I played the MK video game, I thought it was shocking. There just wasn't enough to do, you select which elements you want to put in a program, fine. Then you "perform" the program. The only input during a performance consisted of clicking the mouse once whenever she was about to jump.

Not the mention the little virtual michelle kwan has AWFUL technique and skates mostly from her toepicks :sheesh: I think there was one element which was completely mislabelled too, can't remember which.

lavender

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
Figure Skating is not "mainstream" enough for the general public. I do have a softwear pkg. endorsed by Michelle Kwan. I know it's for Kids - but I bought it anyway!

Anyway, there you go - there is a market waiting for someone to discover. That's how people become rich and famous!

I bought it too just because it's Michelle's game. I've never played it.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I rented that game. That game wasn't that good.

What you do is select from three different songs. an easy, medium, or hard and then you have to follow the arrows with the beats and do button combinations during to two jumping passes.

It's kinda like compulsory programs that the all the characters have to choose from. It was pretty entertaining for a while, but gets boring pretty fast.