What Would Brian Boitano Make? | Golden Skate

What Would Brian Boitano Make?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:rock:Brian Boitano has his own TV program on the food network starting this fall!!!

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/04/new-tv-shows-from-food-network.html

What Would Brian Boitano Make?
Everyone knows Brian Boitano won an Olympic gold medal in figure skating. What they don’t know: Brian is an accomplished cook who loves to entertain! In this new series, Brian takes viewers on a reality cooking adventure as he creates amazing food for a new event in each episode. Funny, knowledgeable and irresistible, Brian brings himself and so much more to What Would Brian Boitano Make? Premieres: August 2009.

I'm excited, I love the food network! :clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:laugh: Perhaps they'll agree to handle the Grand Prix series to complement their Brian Boitano program. :laugh:

AFAIR, Brian said during the 1988 Olympic fluffs that he always wanted to start a restaurant.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't know why but I do not like cooking shows. Or sports.
I get really disgusted with shows like Victory Garden. I want to watch about the plants, etc. not cooking.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am not a big fan of cooking shows. I prefer the competitive shows and cake decorating type stuff... but I'm willing to give Mr. Boitano a try...

and Boitano is known for his hosting... there are a lot of autobiographies by other skaters mentioning his entertaining skills (as well as culinary)... Orser has a similar rep...in some ways their similarities are spooky lol

heyang

Record Breaker
It's a new show to air on Food Network beginning August 23rd at 1pm.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/i-dont-know-wha.html

As per the magazine article:

Turns out the Olympic skating gold medalist is gold in the ktichen. "After the Olympics, when I could start eating, I was like 'Food's good!'" he says. " It opened up a new passion." The self-taught chef describes his series as a culinary "Docusoap" where guests will drop by. "one of my episodes is with roller-drey girsl," says Boitano. "they wanted me to cook an entire menu with bacon."

fdevine

Spectator
Love cooking shows and love, love, love Brian. I wonder who his guests will be. Maybe my favorite ladies skater who also likes to cook?

grannie frances

Michelle Kwan 2010

jcoates

Medalist
TVBrian Boitano's New Show on Food Network

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this already or not, but Brian Boitano has a new show on Food Network called What Would Brian Boitano Make? It's title is an obvious play on the Southpark song. The gist of the show is that Brian comes up with scenarios to cook for his friends in social situations and shares his recipes with the audience. It premiered today and I DVR'd it. I just started watching and it's a hoot! The premiere re-airs on Saturday at 6:30PM. The show's regular airtime is Sunday's at 1PM.

Who knows? Maybe all these retired skaters showing up in other TV formats will help spur some new interest in skating come the Olympics.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:yes: been posted quite a few times - unfortunately I missed it as it comes on apparently while I'm at church, thank God for reruns! :)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Of course it started before we came home from church. I taped it but did see a little of it. Will probably watch it this time. Trouble is, I hate sausage and am allergic to pepper. Can't eat anything spicy.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Haha, I managed to catch it.
Brian...what a joker! It was so different from the other "generic" food shows that it was actually really fresh and I found myself laughing at moments. His food actually looks very good, too. I'm a vegetarian so much of the food I wouldn't eat personally, but it still looks really well-made and it's appealing to look at.
Not to mention that apparently Brian has friends that range from a Hollywood-looking sunglasses-clan man who knows a lot of single ladies to an elderly foreign woman.
Also, the show at least showed a couple seconds of skating xD

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I know!! I was excited because I love Brian Boitano & I love the Food Network!! :clap: I hope this show does good! Brian is such a good performer in general!:chorus::clap::clap: