Miss California | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Miss California

Medusa

Record Breaker
It is wrong. All people are not created equal. I'm smarter than almost all of them.
Which once again proves that stupidity is a bliss - everything you wrote here makes me think of you as a blatantly unhappy, cynical and miserable person. So I might prefer being stupid, but reasonably happy.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Ignorance may be bliss for the individual, but societally and globally it is a disaster. What a vastly better world this would be if people could only think straight. I'd rather be "cursed" with intelligence. At least I'll know I wasn't part of the problem.

I'm only unhappy and cynical when thinking about and discussing these kinds of large-scale issues. It comes from the frustration of knowing better when no one listens to your advice. Again, I'd rather be the Cassandra and know the truth of the situation.

And oh -- your terming me a "blatantly unhappy, cynical and miserable person" could easily be flagged as a violation and get you a warning -- it CERTAINLY would if I had said it. Luckily for you I don't do childish things like that, unlike those that have flagged me for the tiniest verbal slip. Just more proof that I'm better. :laugh:

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ignorance may be bliss for the individual, but societally and globally it is a disaster. What a vastly better world this would be if people could only think straight. I'd rather be "cursed" with intelligence. At least I'll know I wasn't part of the problem.

I'm only unhappy and cynical when thinking about and discussing these kinds of large-scale issues. It comes from the frustration of knowing better when no one listens to your advice. Again, I'd rather be the Cassandra and know the truth of the situation.

And oh -- your terming me a "blatantly unhappy, cynical and miserable person" could easily be flagged as a violation and get you a warning -- it CERTAINLY would if I had said it. Luckily for you I don't do childish things like that, unlike those that have flagged me for the tiniest verbal slip. Just more proof that I'm better. :laugh:
I didn't exactly term you that, I said that your comments give me the impression - it's pretty clear in my post (had to check first, wouldn't be the first time that I am too blunt). In your past statements you described an intense bitterness towards women, a feeling of isolation among your male acquaintances and peers, feeling alienated from society - you expressed that you feel unfairly treated, abused and discriminated as a white male in the Western World. You say that you are proud of your intellectual and moral superiority, but at the same time your posts seem to indicate that you suffer a great deal from said qualities.

Despite feeling thoroughly insulted by nearly every single one of your posts (after all, I am a young selfish woman in the modern society of Western Europe with rather liberal beliefs and the desire to realise her dreams - and therefore I represent more or less everything you consider to be wrong in the world) - I am glad to hear that you are only unhappy and cynical when discussing those topics and hereby apologise for the generalisation in the other post.

Last edited:

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Medusa -- give it up. And you want some negativity? Try listening to the people I work with complain about their ex-wives, every single minute of every day. I'm roses and sunshine compared to them. :laugh:

As for the supposed rosy and liberated present for your gender, surveys show that American women are significantly less happy now than in the 1970's. I guess many career women (like my older sister) who threw out their husband like a used paper towel, then dealt with the pressures of being a single mom, and the dissatisfaction of the futile chase for fantasy men that don't exist -- aren't, in fact, happy! What a surprise!

This society is in deep denial about itself, perpetuating lies and harmful idealism about human nature in the name of political correctness. The holy grail of personal independence and money is raised on its pedestal and chased after with myopic lunacy, while "antiquated" things like family and mutual respect, respect for fathers or any semblance of gender roles are left behind. Millions of people, especially children, suffer every day as a result. I'm sorry you expect me to be happy (or silent) about that, cause it ain't happening.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So what should the woman's role be, exactly? Because even Biblically the woman is encouraged to hold more of a position than just housewife and mother. The Proverbs 31 woman not only keeps her home, but she adds to the household income. She's revered and respected and LOVED by her husband, not because he's her submissive slave but because he loves her as God loves.

I wouldn't give a man the time of day if he didn't respect my opinion, LISTEN to me, or if he treated me like I was stupid and beneath him. It's a partnership, Biblically the woman is considered a 'helpmate' her role is not beneath the man's it's side by side, and just different.

Some of the women in this thread have had long successful careers AND marriages. And they are the modern woman, and they have spoken up and against your opinion and view. They're not the exception to the rule, they just seem to have found a man who understands their wife's importance and worth.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think everyone knows my answer to that one... which yes is founded in those same religious beliefs as stated above.

evangeline

Record Breaker
This society is in deep denial about itself, perpetuating lies and harmful idealism about human nature in the name of political correctness. The holy grail of personal independence and money is raised on its pedestal and chased after with myopic lunacy, while "antiquated" things like family and mutual respect, respect for fathers or any semblance of gender roles are left behind. Millions of people, especially children, suffer every day as a result. I'm sorry you expect me to be happy (or silent) about that, cause it ain't happening.

"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." (Anais Nin)

I think everyone knows my answer to that one... which yes is founded in those same religious beliefs as stated above.
Bravo. You mentioned the reason for anti-gay marriages is based on certain religions and not on human rights. Human Rights need a big editing job. Those beatitudes get in the way.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Actually, the Beatitudes don't say anything about this topic:

http://members.tripod.com/~robertwells/Beatitudes.html

The beatitudes are found at Matthew 5: 3-12

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall possess the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Nor do they require any editing. :)

Doris - I think that last one takes care of a lot of the politically oppressed people, and this from religion. It should be edited out because it includes ALL people.