Yu Na or Mao, will they retire if they claim olympic glory | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yu Na or Mao, will they retire if they claim olympic glory

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^ how about the number one reason is she's just that good?

Brian Orser didn't win an Olympic gold in HIS HOME COUNTRY... so why is it that she'll win gold because of him? If that's the case then forget Yuna - we better keep Alissa on the team because HER coach is Brian BOITANO! And he was the one who actually WON the gold in Canada.

Binthere

On the Ice
Will be hard for Yu Na to retire after the Olympics I would imagine given what a star she is in Korea. Maybe she would back off from doing Grand Prixs like Michelle, but then show up to kick butt when Worlds comes around.

gourry

Final Flight
2) The Korea federation is buying her medals-everytime something about money /her endorsements /ranking comes up they blast it to the world how great she is doing/money/endorsement/ranking in getting endorsements in Korea.(in other words-she is getting overexposed in my opinion.To the point where people might get put off.

Oh, really? Right, that's the reason there were not a single Korean sponsor banner in Worlds arena. By the way, how many Japanese sponsor banners were there? Eight? Nine? :laugh:
Any kind of 'Korean buying her medal' accusation never fails to make me laugh. Since when the Korean federation became a powerful one internationally?
I think Yuna is overexposed in Korea.(And maybe a bit in Japan? I don't know.) Here in the US, I am certainly not overexposed to Yuna. I'm not even slightly exposed to her even though I really wish to 'get put off'!!! :laugh:

But I have a strong feeling that Korean federation's not gonna be very happy and supportive if Yuna wants to retire after 2010 Olympic games.

^ how about the number one reason is she's just that good?

Brian Orser didn't win an Olympic gold in HIS HOME COUNTRY... so why is it that she'll win gold because of him? If that's the case then forget Yuna - we better keep Alissa on the team because HER coach is Brian BOITANO! And he was the one who actually WON the gold in Canada.

ITA And they have Joannie!

Last edited: