Any Deadliest Catch fans on here? | Golden Skate

Any Deadliest Catch fans on here?

Johar

Medalist
I became an addict to the show back when Blake Painter was still a deckhand on the Maverick.

Spoilers from last night

Glad Captain Keith is going to be okay. And those two deckhands on Time Bandit, Scotty and Mike, need to have Andy or Jonathan slap them across the face. They are fighting like a bunch of 15-year-old teen girls, for Pete's sake!

I was worried Sig was going to fall asleep. I think the two pots getting tangled woke everyone up. But Sig had been at the helm for 30 hours.

Saddest of all was the tragic sinking of the F/V Kat Mai. I wanted the life rafte to be full of alive crewman, but it was empty. And I wanted the lone crewman in the gumby survival suit to be alive, but when I saw that they had him blurred out I knew he didn't make it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Absolutely!

If you watched the first couple seasons, you might remember a large white Coast Guard cutter named the Storis appearing. Back in 1965 through 1967, my husband was stationed aboard the Storis in Alaska. Storis's job was seach & rescue of fisherman, ice breaking, supplying inaccessible military stations, and enforcing fishing and sealing laws. When he saw Storis on the show, he absolutely had to watch, and completely got hooked on the show, because it really reminds him of his youth, not to mention it's an interesting show.

http://www.military.com/cgcstoris/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Storis_(WMEC-38)

We are still sympathizing with Captain Phil and his medically enforced hiatus from fishing.

It's no surprise the guys were found dead, though. What's amazing is when they find anyone alive.

Johar

Medalist
Oh, another Coastie! My good friend was in the CG for many many years. I once saw him appear in a Discovery/History channel program about the CG. Nearly fell off my couch!

Remember that season of Deadliest Catch where the tanker capsized and a guy named Kevin was rescued? Amazing!

And last year Jonathan and Andy Hillstrand of Time Bandit saw a crew on another boat leaning off the side of the crab pots. Andy just had a bad feeling that he was going to go off and did. Had they not rescued him within 4 minutes he would've died!

I sure wish Blake Painter and the Maverick would return, though he has his own boat now, Evening Star. He was a very attractive guy! Blake did not like how he was portrayed and hence, why he was never filmed again.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am the biggest Deadliest Catch Fan!!! Been watching it since season 1. It's my favorite show!

I am sad that Phil is not back this year for the Cornelia Marie. I really like him!! The show is just not the same without him. But hopefully he will be ok. I am curious to see how the boat will run without him on the helm.

There have been a great deal of boats that have come and gone, the Maverick, the Rollo etc. but my favorites have always stayed on.

Well it's nice to know that people on here watch the show and we can talk about it.

I didn't watch last night's episdoe in entirety since I feel asleep. I did dvr it so I will watch it tonight. It's always sad when a boat sinks and I feel like in the last few seasons on always has!!

Tigger

Final Flight
You know...I remember last year when we all heard about the one crab boat going down and everywhere on the Net were threads asking if it was one of "ours" from the show. That's when you knew Deadliest Catch had crossed from being just a cult show and is a popular one.

I love this show, but not sure if the new season has started up here in Canada yet. Been a tad busy the last couple of weeks, so...

I have Season One on DVD and intend to pick up the others as time goes on. I saw that last season's DVD set also has the After The Catch series of chats w/Mike Rowe and the Capts, w/various guest appearances along the way. For those who did not get to see this, I can't recommend it enough. Especially to see Andy on his farm during the Off Season.

"Coming up next on The Deadliest Round up...Capt Andy shows how to ride into water..."

ROTFLOL!!!

Johar

Medalist
Andy lives in my state of Indiana, on a horse farm. That guys has some good looks!

Last week they showed a film clip someone shot of the ill-fated crew on shore, tossing rocks in the water. One of them said if they go down they might be featured on Deadliest Catch. Did anyone else find that disturbingly eerie?

sillylionlove

Medalist
I found the last two episodes to be very sad and creepy. That ship sinking was just crazy and then hearing the guys talk about the two guys that got washed overboard on the life raft and the guy that went back down below the boat and probably sank with it. It brought a tear to my eye...it was very sad.

What I found touching was how captain Keith really was quite moved by the sinking and the lives lost. Equally disturbing was Sig's reaction...like yep that's how it is..won't tell my guys...let's keep fishing!!

GEEZ...I sure miss Phil!!!

Particle Man

Match Penalty
I'm not sure I accept how discovery just happened to have a camera crew at the coast guard location where they launched the rescue parties. They said the boat was like 900 miles west of the fishing area or something...

Johar

Medalist
I'm not sure I accept how discovery just happened to have a camera crew at the coast guard location where they launched the rescue parties. They said the boat was like 900 miles west of the fishing area or something...

They probably use stock footage for that. No biggie.

sillylionlove

Medalist

Actually If I remember correctly...they always have a camera crew with the coast guard. It was on the special that they did last season or the season before when they talked about the cameramen that do the show!!

Tigger

Final Flight
Actually If I remember correctly...they always have a camera crew with the coast guard. It was on the special that they did last season or the season before when they talked about the cameramen that do the show!!

It was last season during After The Catch. They had the cameraman that was on board the Coast Guard copter that was sent to take off that guy from the Processing Plant Boat and they almost got into serious trouble themselves due to weather. He said there he was scared to death and yet those guys were talking as calm as calm could be, even though they were in deep doo doo at that moment in time.

Johar

Medalist
Remember last season when Phil Harris of Cornelia Marie called Jake up into the wheelhouse to bawl him out and Jake didn't act the least bit upset by it. He even smiled and patted pops, rotf! I might try to find that on You Tube because Jake said something funny to the cameraman afterwards before walking out.

sillylionlove

Medalist
It's moments like that when I miss Phil the most. His kids crack me up and so does Phil!! I remember that moment but can't remember what he said to the camera It's was also funny last season when Keith and his bro Murray got into a fight!! You don't see Sig get into a fight with his brother's too much!! Johathan and Andy don't really fight either...only a little bit last season when Andy took over as captain and Johathan was telling him where to drop the crab pots!!