Ask Castelli/Shnapir | Golden Skate

Ask Castelli/Shnapir

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
http://figureskatersonline.com/extras.html#interviews

Currently in the hot seat are 2009 World Junior Championship bronze medalists Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, who will make their senior debut next season. The pair was the most successful American team on the junior international circuit in the 2008-09 season.

Castelli and Shnapir finished fourth at the 2009 Junior Grand Prix events in the Czech Republic and Great Britain. They were the only U.S. pair to qualify for the Junior Grand Prix Final, where they placed sixth.

The team earned their place at the World Junior event with a third place finish in junior pairs at the 2009 U.S. Championships in Cleveland, Ohio. Previously, they claimed the bronze medal as novices at the national event in 2008 and were 9th in 2007.

Castelli was born in Providence, R.I., but now lives in Cranston. She graduated with honors from Cranston High School West, where she played varsity lacrosse despite skating internationally.

He is Moscow, Russia, native who calls Sudbury, Mass., home. Shnapir currently attends Emerson College in Boston, where he is pursuing his love of movie production by studying film, video and television.

The pair started skating together at the encouragement of coach Carrie Wall, who oversees the team with Bobby Martin and Sheryl Franks. Castelli and Shnapir train in Boxboro, Mass.

To submit your questions for Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, please use the form at http://figureskatersonline.com/extras.html#interviews.

Binthere

On the Ice
Oh, was soooo happy for them ending their season at Junior Worlds on such a high point. Congratulations!! :agree::rock:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Their Survivor SP was one of my favorite pair programs, senior or junior, this year. I was so pleased that they received the bronze at Junior Worlds. :clap::clap: