Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 Programs

2009/2010 Programs

We had a similar thread this past season and it was really helpful (thanks again dorispulaski for keeping it up to date and so organized! ). I realize it's very early yet, but as news comes out we can all post it here.

Should we also do a cliff notes version as more skaters announce their music as time goes on? A lot of posters requested that last season.

Yukari Nakano (as posted by Morning Glory (thanks btw!)
    SP--The Phantom of the Opera from Phantasia
    FP--The Firebird

Both are choreographed by Marina Zueva

Yes, it would be good to have all the 2009-10 programs listed in one place. A couple of reports on skaters keeping their programs:

Brian Joubert - will continue with the same SP, Rise by Safri Duo... hopefully with a different start to the program! LP is currently undecided but definitely something new. This was from an interview somewhere, can't remember where exactly.

Vanessa James and Yannick Bonheur are keeping their R&J LP (as per their recent interview with Passion Patinage). Well, it is an Olympic season after all . But I would have rather they recycled their SP instead.

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Jessica Dubé and Bryce Davison are also keeping their LP to the music from Bizet's Carmen: http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/537927

-Kypma

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    Jessica Dubé and Bryce Davison are also keeping their LP to the music from Bizet's Carmen: http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/537927

-Kypma
    I love Dube and Davison, but their programs kind of sucked this year. I hope they add some spark to their program because there wasn't any during this season. I hope they can do it!

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    I love Dube and Davison, but their programs kind of sucked this year. I hope they add some spark to their program because there wasn't any during this season. I hope they can do it!
    I unfortunately kind of have to agree with that statement, skatingbc. Although I think that, given the extra time, they'll be able to create a good Carmen if Jessica lets go a little and really performs -- often, I find the program lacks the character necessary for a good portrayal of Carmen the temptress. If you look back at their 2006 SP, Por una cabeza, it had more playfulness to it (especially in the move where Jessica backs away and playfully "dares" Bryce to approach her) and even that kind of performance would be better than the reserved Carmen we've seen from them this season. I suppose they wanted to stay away from romance for now, which is understandable, but I'd like to see more passion. Also, I think that, changing the SP is definitely a good idea -- I wasn't fond of the music and found that the program lacked direction, a little.

Here's to hoping next season will be better for them,

-Kypma

I think I read somewhere that Patrick Chan plans to keep one of his programs? If so I hope it's the SP- it was one of my favorites of the entire men's field this past season. His LP, on the other hand, was one of my least favorite LPs of the entire field. So I'm hoping he keeps the SP.

And Buttercup, I wish James/Bonheur were keeping the SP instead as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Patrick Chan plans to keep one of his programs? If so I hope it's the SP- it was one of my favorites of the entire men's field this past season. His LP, on the other hand, was one of my least favorite LPs of the entire field. So I'm hoping he keeps the SP.
    I agree about wanting him to keep his short. I loved his long, but I know that's a personal thing. I think mostly because I adore Rachmaninoff and don't care how many times it is repeated and because I love Patrick's skating. I woud like to see him branch out a little though. Not as far as techno please (like Patrick would ever skate to techno anyway), but something more modern/contemporary?

On the Ice
    I like Olympic games cause all the different cuts of Carmen appear in Olympic Year!
    This piece of music works somehow for everybody!

Custom Title
    Personally, I thought the more romantic approaches taken by Dube/Davison worked better for them than Carmen. I love their skating but find it a stretch to have Jessica portray that role

Custom Title
    I agree with the posters who say that Carmen does not appear to be the best vehicle for Dube/Davison to showcase their skating, but I'm personally just glad that they're not keeping their Coldplay muzak SP that never fails to put me to sleep everytime I try to watch it.
    Last edited by evangeline; 04-25-2009 at 08:23 PM.

we'll probably have cliff notes closer to the begining of the season....

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post

-Kypma
    NO! That program was quite awful for them. They did not seem comfortable skating it and the choreography was non-existent. I guess there always has to be at least one Carmen at the olympics.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    NO! That program was quite awful for them. They did not seem comfortable skating it and the choreography was non-existent. I guess there always has to be at least one Carmen at the olympics.
    I agree. Big mistake. That was the ugliest Carmen ever! (Not their skating but the version of the music.)

I think I read somewhere that Patrick Chan plans to keep one of his programs? If so I hope it's the SP- it was one of my favorites of the entire men's field this past season. His LP, on the other hand, was one of my least favorite LPs of the entire field.
    I read Chan was keeping the LP, which shows questionnable judgement IMO. He rarely skated it clean and it was sleep-inducing. His SP was much more enjoyable, even though I'm not a fan I think it was a pretty good program for him. I agree with skatingbc that he should be trying something a bit more modern. Maybe he should drop by and look at the film score thread .

Over on Passion Patinage, someone said that Florent Amodio will be skating a hip-hop SP and a blues LP, with Stanick Jeannette doing the choreo. I've no idea if this is actually true.

Custom Title
    Yukari even picked her Ex. pieces and she is preparing two of them
    Ex 1. Harem by Sarah Brightman
    Ex 2. Sparkling Diamonds by Nicole Kidman

We had a similar thread this past season and it was really helpful (thanks again dorispulaski for keeping it up to date and so organized! ). I realize it's very early yet, but as news comes out we can all post it here.

Should we also do a cliff notes version as more skaters announce their music as time goes on? A lot of posters requested that last season.

Yukari Nakano (as posted by Morning Glory (thanks btw!)
    SP--The Phantom of the Opera from Phantasia
    FP--The Firebird

Both are choreographed by Marina Zueva

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast