Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: 2009/2010 Programs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    takahiko kozuka's free
    violin concert by hotei tomoyasu and michel kamen

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/09...0501001-n1.htm
    Thank you for the information. I heard about this musician's name before, but had not idea he has a violin concerto out there. Could anyone point me to a clip? I didn't have any luck searching at youtube.

BTW, I remember last year before his temporary leave Dai announced his long will be George Winston's "ocean waves." Will he stick to the original plan? Has he made any announcement yet?

ETA: Never mind. I saw it in the other thread His long will be "Theme from La Strada" (Rota)
    Last edited by SusieH; 07-27-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Miki packed in a lot of drama with that performance. If used in competition, she should get high marks on interpretation.
    I don't think she could use it in competition. the operatic part would be downgraded for having "lyrics." such a pity. She could win the olympics with that!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    I know. It was nothing against Miki, that's true of a lot of ladies. Even some of my favorites.
    Probably true, but I've gotta say, Ando's exhibition performances actually make me warm to her as a skater, and much more dramatically than any other skater. It's startling.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Ando's EX was fantastic! I really hope she sneaks up behind Mao and Yuna and wins the OGM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I don't think she could use it in competition. the operatic part would be downgraded for having "lyrics." such a pity. She could win the olympics with that!
    Unfortunately, that would be like saying the performance is more important than the tech.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Are you implying that there exists a piece of music that would make it appear otherwise?
    Well, you'd have to ask Jeff that question.

I think he'll probably not get the PCS he deserves next season. This sucks, because Fedor is quite musical and graceful and I've really enjoyed what I've seen from him so far (and thanks, siberia, for drawing my attention to him!). But it seems unlikely that a skater representing Azerbaijan, who hasn't skated internationally in six years, will do too well in that regard - as we all know, PCS is repuation-based to some degree (as witnessed by Denis Ten's marks at Worlds).
    Yeah, I expected as much. *sighs* I was just curious to what extent Andreev's PCS is undermarked and if his Skate Detroit PCS scores were similar to the numbers he had received at Canadian competitions in the past two seasons.

Still, if Fedor skates like he did in Detroit, he shouldn't have a problem qualifying for the Olympics. Considering Canada only has two men's slots for Vancouver and one is obviously taken barring injury, it looks to me like he made the right call.
    ITA. Lambiel is pratically guaranteed 1 of the 6 Nebelhorn spots, but 5 available berths is still a LOT better than one. You've got to feel sorry for the other Canadian guys who aren't named Patrick Chan; they have a really tough fight ahead of them.

Whatever happens, I think this won't hurt Jeff's reputation as a choreographer at all .
    Some FSUers joked at this year's Canadian Championships that Fedor was a very handsome and convincing ad for Buttle's choreography services.
    Last edited by siberia82; 08-01-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    ITA. Lambiel is pratically guaranteed 1 of the 6 Nebelhorn spots, but 5 available berths is still a LOT better than one. You've got to feel sorry for the other Canadian guys who aren't named Patrick Chan; they have a really tough fight ahead of them.
    I don't feel sorry for the Canadian men at all. It is going to be a great battle at Canadians to see who can pick up the second spot. The competitions know they are going to have skate lights out to earn the chance to represent their country. That is what true competition is all about. I bet all of the top Canadian men are eagerly awaiting the season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    Thank you for the information. I heard about this musician's name before, but had not idea he has a violin concerto out there. Could anyone point me to a clip? I didn't have any luck searching at youtube.

BTW, I remember last year before his temporary leave Dai announced his long will be George Winston's "ocean waves." Will he stick to the original plan? Has he made any announcement yet?

ETA: Never mind. I saw it in the other thread His long will be "Theme from La Strada" (Rota)

sorry i made a mistake, its GUITAR conderto ,not vilolin

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    sorry i made a mistake, its GUITAR conderto ,not vilolin
    Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense now. I was very surprised to hear that musician has anything to do with violin. BTW, I like a few of his songs quite a lot.

It seems Takahiko Kozuka is going for a more modern style this season

ETA: I found a clip at youtube
    Last edited by SusieH; 07-30-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35